Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ Racing old PHOTO PROOF THAT CLIPS ARE BAD. JUST PLAIN BAD!!!!!!!!!

• This topic has 9 voices and 15 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    BIGANT-DOG

BIGANT-DOG

Notice he is still stuck to the bike.

LeadSled1

Common Ant, if you are going to make a post like this you have to bring out the big guns.

victoryfox

\

BIGANT-DOG

People crashed, but damn at least you could ditch the bike.

bmiddaugh

I don’t crash I become unhinged from the bike.

BIGANT-DOG

I never raced bitd, but i rode enough “homemade bmx tracks” i.e. trails to know that when i did crash, and i crashed alot, at least i could throw the bike. Our trails were built like real tracks turns and big berms, and i was small so i used to get pushed around alot. I had to ditch it on many occassion. Could not have done that if i was wearing clips. At least make it so the young kids can’t use em. 14 and older is what i would do, cause although i would like to see em banned, it will not happen. NO 7 YEAR OLD SHOULD BE WEARING CLIPS!!!!!!!!! Lord knows THE SHIMMANO GOD’S would have a fit if they were banned.

bmiddaugh

hmmm, I may be changing my mind about clips, seems they have a lot of entertainment value….

victoryfox

\

LeadSled1

The only crashes that really get you on the clips is the over the bars. The bike acts like a lever and it slams you into the dirt. (trust me, I know) The worse OTBs are the ones where you aren’t far enough over the front to completely loop out to the front and not far enough back to bring the bike back down. Basically you are doing a nose manual. You actually pick up speed going down the back side of the jump like this and if there is another jump coming up you get slammed into the face of it. This is how Phil D broke both wrists down in FL (I used to have video of it) and how I did my shoulder the second time. No matter what you do you can not get away from it and have to ride it into the face of the jump. It is a sick feeling. Your bars are pinned into your gut so you can not turn them either.

bmxlegend

clip pedals are just GAY

Kmart

“Clips are Gay”??? Oh come now…..they are clearly a performance advantage, so it is like saying more horsepower in your car is Gay. I love them on my MTB but have not changed the BMX bike over to them yet, because like anything else they would take time to get used too, that doesn’t make them Gay. If spandex uniforms start becomming the norm, that would be Gay!!!!

Here is an idea, new class structure:

Class BITD
    No clips, 1 piece cranks, moto mags, ashtabula bars and forks

Class 20th century
    Anything you want

Anyone???

CrazyCraig

Kmart – there are not enough Ashtabula parts to go around to make a class. 😀

But – I’m all for no clip racing.

rideodybmx

i dont know about most people, but i am all for the clips

they give you more power throughout your crank, and therefore if you canr use them right a faster lap. granted there are some pretty gnarly wrecks in clips, but you cank get hurt just the same if no worse becoming tangled in the bike even with flats on

Kmart

I broke my back by Mark Zalewski (My TNT teamate at the time) slipping a pedal and sticking his foot in my front wheel…….If he had clips I would probably still be racing today. So there!!!!!!!!

Vintage open does have a nice ring to it though. Cars and Motorcycles have vintage racing organizations, maybe our beloved sport can also…..build it and they will come, or something like that.

Discuss
    Kmart

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.