Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing used ok what do ya think

• This topic has 7 voices and 32 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    s4lnj

ther has been lots of talk about a jersey pro/am series latelly–

here are my thoughts about it–

#1– we need this… badlly. a good local pro scene shows newer kids that there is decent racing when they get older without having to chase the national circus

#2– i know caveman wants a pro only series– but that really limits riders— think about the phil d’s out there that are still am. they should be in there with the big boys.plus with a decent amount of local pros and fast experts, there could potentially be a couple gates worth of racers

#3– the series should be seperate from the other big races. — here me out on this one– the state races, and the three fall races already have the opens.
    i think that they should be held during locals– we are trying to build the local scene right? we get a good turn out for locals ,and the state series/ fall series will be that much better. kinda like– “man if they have a good turnout like this for a local, maybe i should hit up thier state series”

just some thaughts– i think a five race series would be good– spread out over the summer–

questions, comments, snide remarks?

dave

bmxgirlmom

Rich Farside is supposed to be organizing this for 2007.

Will probably be run in a combination of locals and state qualifiers.

Not limited to pros only, unless there is enough interest. Would like to see it limited to Experts and Pros. Novices and Rookies should have to move up to race the series.

By the way Phil D. is a pro. He moved up as did a lot of the other of 17 + experts.

Check with Rich after the Presidents Cup/Christmas Classic…he has enough on his plate right now with the jerseys.

s4lnj

my point with phil d was that last year he was am, and running in the top spot for most of the opens.

i’ll talk to rich over the winter–

thanks
    dave

RaidenHayden

Thanks Rich, for doing what our state elected officials should be doing, making things better. Hope this year they come up with something spectactular on their own!!!!!

bmxgirlmom

Just as an FYI, Mr. Hayden. I, a board member, was the one who suggested the Pro-Am Series. It was eagerly agreed to by all the other board members. And Rich graciously offered to organize it.

RaidenHayden

He did?

bmiddaugh

Perhaps it is best to let the riders take care of this. Hopefully we will make it happen.

No one wants to see BMX in NJ go down the tubes. Rich is no doubt busy right now, I’m sure he’ll clarify this later.

But it is all moot till it is reality, like most things.

Dave is right this is a good idea.

And the world is led by those who make decisions.

RaidenHayden

Ok Janeen
    It was your idea as a board memeber. Hmm how are you a board member if you are the clerk, which according to your bylaws is an appointed postion by the commisoner, with NO voting rights
    Are you sure it wasn’t Bretts idea?
    And ARE VERY sure Rich volunteered to run it?

bmiddaugh

Altrusim.

It does not matter who came up with the idea at the moment, it only matters that action is taken to make a good idea…reality.

bmxgirlmom

I spoke to Rich about it in September. Asked if he would be interested in organizing it. He said yes. I hope that is a good enough answer.

And as for the reason I suggested it was that I was watching how well the Conneticut Pro/Am was running and thought it would be neat to do the same here.

bmxmom156

yea i remember having a conversation online w/janeen about the ct pro/am warrior series.

i like the idea… def keep the ams in or you shoot yourself in the foot. there arent enough pros locally and the more the merrier.

i would keep them at the state races but keeping them away from the closer nationals/regional as there will be a better draw. i know no one wants to worry about the nats but its a bmx fact of life. maybe incorporate into 1 local a month at each track as well.. like eht takes may, cj takes one in june and flem in august during one of thier local races.

ct does it and for thier first yr it has been very successful.

i dont think anyone cares whos idea it was just that it was a keeper…

:wink:!

bmiddaugh

16 over x and pros.
    fun.
    state series only.
    If the local pros get together and can tell us when they can be available to race together then maybe a local pro show series.

s4lnj

16 over x and pros.
    fun.
    state series only.

the state series already has an open. what are we doing different then? honestly, why bother going through all the trouble getting peolple to run and organize something that is already built in.

ask the local pro’s when is good for them? after the national schedules are out, i bet we could figure out some local weekends that a majority of the local pros won’t be traveling. if not, thier loss, not ours– remember, we are talking like 5-6 races, with three of them most likelly being at state races, leaving us with three weekends to figure out.

this can work– really– the last year mullica was open, they ran four friday night races that had pro/am opens– the first one brought 8 racres, by the last one we had a main. with no promotion at all, just word of mouth. with a little promotion, this could be something great.

oh– janeen talked about having an open series last season at egg harbor but it never came about. give her a break, she does alot for njbmx and asks for nothing back. who really gives a shit who thaught of the idea or who is putting it together and why.

brett–altruism– thanks for making me pick up a book and learn something new– keep your $10 words to yourself. speak on a third grade level so we can all understand :wink:!

bmiddaugh

LOL. (dang it man, you weren’t supposed to look it up!)

Friday nights….

yea….
    I like that, that sounds like the shit!
    Seriously, under the lights, some music, make something like an event.
    Friday night open spectacular series?

RaidenHayden

One word- BRADDOCK

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.