Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ Racing old Of BMX tracks, Lumberton and bitching-moaning

• This topic has 12 voices and 62 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 64 total)
  • Author
    bmiddaugh

Ya know.
    I just re-read all my posts.
    At no point did I say, flemington sucked (someone else did though…)
    Nor did I say no-one is busting their ass to work on it.
    In fact I pointed out that all you guys are busting your asses to work on it, before Tom even did.

Could HC have had a complete rebuild.
    Yes.
    Did they accept the offer.
    No.
    So I have been trying to make it clear that when people say “no one wants to help work on the track”, that is not entirely the truth.
    You had
    1. A benefactor willing to fork out cash to completely rebuild it.
    2. Some hard working BMX maniacs, (sorry Tom but that is you and the fellers) who would have helped get the job done.

Why #1 didn’t come to fruition is beyond me as I have met and personally spoken to Rich on many occasions and he seems like a decent guy.

4130forlife

ok ok, ENOUGH.. cant we just help out and ride our bikes.. if we have the means to help out.. just freakin do it..

bmiddaugh

Cool,
    and if someone wants to help out.
    Let them.

4130forlife

word.. fo sho

CWCCRIDER

And Legend ROCK ON !!!

When I am having a shitty day at work I want to log on here and read about you waking up at noon, downing a 6 pack of PBR ,and grabbing that bmx bike and RIDING !!!! 8) 8)

bmiddaugh

And they said this site should be shut down, jeesh… 😆

paulc

I never did quite understand why Flemington did not take Rich up on his offer. It seemed like a great idea but I was led to beleive this did not happen due to personality conflicts/egos etc. What a waste!

s4lnj

more tracks=more exposure=more riders and more vols

bmiddaugh

< tired

s4lnj

well wake up nerd!!!! i missed most of this conversation

bmiddaugh

lol, nerd..lol
    I just wanted to know if anyone was doing something productive in getting places to ride open and it just degenerated into all this.
    This kinda stuff is wearing me out on wanting to be around racing.

4130forlife

i did many productive things today.. i went to my moms house and cemented up her basement windows.. then i went to the tattoo shop to book an appointment.. then i bought a few 24oz cans o pbr.. and now im home enjoying them and being aggrivated that i cannot find the state points on njbmx.org

I also started racing Flemington in 1979, so my roots go back like Bretts. I never really left the sport though and raced in every decade.
    I dont believe riders from SJ or the Jersey shore should be worrying about helping a track so far away. They would be better off getting more tracks going closer to home.

I used to sometimes help rake or sweep turns at Vineland or Deptford. But I never worried about helping them run it since I believe thats up to the locals and more importantly up to those taking in the money.

Ive volunteered to announce and little things like that as you can, are enough.
    Ive passed out trophy cards at ABA nationals with Gork. But I bet not a single person knows that. Sometimes riders do help and no one notices.

Turnout is small for many reasons. Remember that big Track out here in Socal that got bought for around $100,000. I told you guys, if you scroll back, that he was making a bad move. Well I was talking to someone who has been out there and its still getting like under 10 motos a race. This is in SoCal the birthplace of modern BMX. Its ABA.
    Just think had he used that 100,000 to buy 3 pieces of property in NJ and build 3 tracks. Bet he’d make more money AND he would actually own the land he could later sell. He coulda made all three BMXL tracks and helped start something big.

I heard an interview the other day with this rodeo clown. No one would invest in a Professional Rodeo Association so he and 19 friends each chipped in just $1,000 and with that 20K started a now Multi-Multi Million Dollar Sanction. http://www.pbrnow.com/home.cfm#home
    When I said rodeo clown I wasnt joking. He was just a rodeo clown but liek the other 19 investors they loved Rodeo and knew the sport and believed in what it could be. They think it will get even bigger then it is. He said he wont be satisfied if its not routinely on ESPN or ABC like other sports.

What if a bunch of us put some money together along with some silent investors. Started a sanction that bought land and built tracks that had ramp areas. We held races and freestyle contests and our investment is partially if not fully backed by the land (Assuming it appreciates or we sell it as a business and not unimproved land).

Tap, Tap, Tap, is this thing on? Sorry, I’m just feeling as if life is coming to an end for me. NJ Pros that used to race like Charlie Litsky and Lee Veale
    have already passed away. Tons of people complain about BMX and yet everyone just continues to feed the into the ABA and NBL and not into new venues for BMX. Will I die and never see BMX become popular. I want to die knowing at least I tried to change BMX. I can tell you if someone doesnt step up BMX will not grow they are simply doing it wrong.

RaidenHayden

First, Brett I know what you mean about some of the people in charge pushing volunteers away, but I can assure Matt has never done that. Flemington, did get an offer for a rebuild, but it was several different reasons that it didn’t happen. As far as the track, quit whining and ride people!!!! Yeah I know, “Bill you don’t race there” Ok, so I don’t like giving the NBL my money

bmiddaugh

Today’s question is,
    why is Brett doing the Snoopy happy dance?
    Flemington?
    I’ll be there for a few hours saturday if I can get on the track to take pictures and video, that’d be cool.

Happy dance…yea yea yea baby…

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 64 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.