Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ BMX Racers Forum Not exactly racing but..

• This topic has 9 voices and 15 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    TenaciousD

I figured id put it in here since this area seems to get the most action.

Big Jeff, Tom McMurray and myself have talked and want to do some mountain biking in the near future.

Anyone else interested let us know.

Note to High Gear:
    i gotta bring in the MTB to get an overhaul soon, you do mountain bikes right ?

BIGANT-DOG

Rodney will do anything or anyone, oh wait you mean bikes??????? Yeah send it to rod he can fix anything.

4130forlife

dan.. id LOVE to try 4x.. that looks like fun

s4lnj

count me in — i have a specialized single speed i wana get some use out of

e-mail me when you get going

scarred4liferacing@hotmail.com

i’ve actually ran a couple mtb races on my 20 inch. they have them at the colleg right by my house, so i’ve been on the trails a thousand times. they laugh when i sign up, then cry when they loose. i do pretty well– no jumps for me to worry about!!!

bigjeff

Let’s RIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TenaciousD

Ok, where ?

Allaire ?

Sourland mountain preserve ?

Chimney rock ?

round valley ?

CWCCRIDER

Ive been watching “Drop in” on the Encore/wam chanel every morning
    http://www.rip.tv/

Them dudes are having a lot of fun. Is that what type of riding your doing ???

TenaciousD

I wish it was, but no.

My current bike ain’t gonna handle that kind of riding. But the one i want to get will !

I need to get the leaving the ground skills back. 😀

mroze1

Dan,

I’d come up from DE to ride Round Valley with you guys, that place is a blast. I used to ride my cruiser there BITD for “training”. However, that place is brutal on a cruiser. But I’d be interested in somewhere else also.

On another note. Picture this, a multiple lap mtn bike race on the bmx track, like a offroad criterium. Bringing in the big industry base of mountain bikers/downhillers might help with BMX visability.

Oh, I’m doing a night time off road time trial tonight over at the trails of Camden County College, Glouster, 6pm if anyone is interested.

Ed

TenaciousD

Cool. As soon as this crazy season of BMX is done id like to hit the trails.

oh yeah, about the MTB thing on a BMX track. It was done at HCBMX back in the day at the “new” track. I remember Guy Stevenson and a few others came out and did two laps.

The current last straight didnt exist and they had to ride straight through where the last turn is now, make a left up the hill and go through staging.

P.S. Good luck tonight.

mroze1

Guy and I were in the same expert class. I last saw him racing his mountain bike up Mount Snow Vermont at the World Cup Race in the 90’s…as a pro! Surprised me to see him. Also interesting is that at that time he was on a team with Floyd Landis. Who unfortunately was just stripped of his Tour De France title.

s4lnj

let me know next time they have something at camden county or gloucester county college. i’d like to give it a shot.

CWCCRIDER

@mroze1 wrote:

Oh, I’m doing a night time off road time trial tonight over at the trails of Camden County College, Glouster, 6pm if anyone is interested.

Ed

So howd you do ???? And When is the Next one

Haven’t been to Round Valley in a few years, but I used to hit it often. My bro and I used to ride there 5am and ride with lights 3x’s a week.

I would be interested in hitting it again if I can get free.
    L

TenaciousD

Wow, Round Vally with lights sounds fun as h#ll !

Definitely need to get a ride going for all who want to once all these banquets are done with.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.