Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ Racing old North Jersey BMX A. N. J. Nonprofit Corp.

• This topic has 4 voices and 2 replies.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    deebmx

For all who were wondering, this is the name of the Org that is set up for the future ABA (had to through that in so there is no confusion) track in North Jersey. I find it interesting that I had to add a N.J. Nonprofit Corp to the end of the name to be completely legal as a nonprofit in NJ. Could anyone please tell me were that is in any of the other tracks names. It was like jumping through hoops to get this set up legally. Stay tuned for more info on the track as it comes to me the future track director.

Diane Hayden

bmiddaugh

That’s a good question.
    What are the rules for being non-profit in NJ?

RaidenHayden

She called me and told me that the state wouldnt accept it unless it had those words in the title. So now she remembers loooking at all the paperwork for all the other tracks and sees that isn’t in there and asks me. Hmmmmmmmmm don’t know

Craigmeur77

Here’s the NJ statute that sets out the requirements for naming a NJ nonprofit. According to the statute, using the words “a New Jersey nonprofit corporation” in the name is just one of the options…

TITLE 15A, CORPORATIONS, NONPROFIT
    CHAPTER 2. FORMATION OF CORPORATION

§ 15A:2-2. Corporate name of domestic or foreign corporation

a. The corporate name of a domestic corporation or of a foreign corporation authorized to transact business in this State:

(4) Shall contain one of the following: “a New Jersey nonprofit corporation,” “incorporated,” “corporation,” “inc.,” or “corp.” unless it is a corporation which could organize pursuant to the provisions of Title 16 of the Revised Statutes.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.