Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing Racing Veterans North Jersey bike shop?

• This topic has 7 voices and 11 replies.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    dunrite9

What bike shop in north jersey would you recommend to by racing parts?
    All the local shops by me just have tanks.
    😉

Thanks

CrazyCraig

I dunno dude, most of them just have the street and dirt stuff. I have been doing mail order with Dan’s Comp (look online) and also buying on Ebay. So far so good. I also get some parts from Mark Zalewski, his family owned TNT and he was a fast 17x-er in 1989 that I chased in the NBL.

Also, according to Rich Farside, with the new paved turns, he recommended Maxxis Holy Roller tires, at least at Egg Harbor. I ordered mine direct from Maxxis. I also have Maxxis Max Daddy’s to practice on the trails with (kind of like an IRC tread)

FYI: I have a blue Haro aluminum SX24 Frame w/ GT fork, with headset, seat, seat post, seat clamp, stem & brakes, pedals, I might even be willing to part with some new rims I got too. The HARO has an euro bottom bracket, so just need to pick up some Flights, etc. with a Euro BB, not the american.

What I don’t have: bars (at least not the right size, unless you like 4.5″ rise on a 4″ headtube), a brake cable, and maybe a brake lever, but I’ll look, I might have one laying around. I might have a chain, but I recommend getting new. You’ll also need a rear freewheel. You can get the chain & bars from Mark Zalewski (the TNT bars are solid – he has 5″ and 7″ rise)

So yeah, I have almost a whole other bike, and I am working on two other prjects as well, so my basement has exploded with parts.

RaidenHayden

Dunrite, if you are looking for a frame (cruiser), I have a few

1 6061 alum schwinn used

1 6061 alum schwinn new never built

1 brian foster cro-mo

1 gack jumping cruiser

1 alum Diamond back
    I may be selling some of these

dunrite9

Thanks Guys

right now i’m just trying to do some research, i don’t know any specs on those frames.
    their might be a complete Elf or TNT 24″ in my parents shed, and if i remember correctly, it has CW bars, dk stem, profile cranks w/ hutch bear claw pedals. if this bike is still there, then i’ll focus on building a 20″

rodney

I dont keep race stuff in stock but I can get almost anything under a week pricing about the same also . The store is in stirling let me know if I could help . My 9 year old is going to start to race this year that may change what we keep in stock

BIGANT-DOG

a word of advice. TAKE OFF THE HUTCH PEDALS. Those things are like gold. If you go to the track with those you will be mobbed with offers. I might catch some flack for this comment, but (i am a collector too.) certain stuff I would not use. a prime example is original 401’s mines broke because they rusted through. If you plan on using the profiles be careful. i learned my lesson using older parts.

dunrite9

rodney
    I would ride to a bike shop in the stirling area over 20 years ago, all i remember, it was located around the side of a strip mall.
    When I figure out what i want, i will look you up.

thanks
    Pete

Please send me your address

dunrite9

BIGANT-DOG
    I plan on retiring alot of the parts on this bike if it’s still there.
    I wish i still had my 20″, it was stolen, it had 185mm Redline flites & VDC Monkey Bars that whent from bike to bike. they have a lot of sentimental value.
    After looking on EBAY i wish i didn’t give away all those RAD CAP i go from Miranda. over $100 a pair.

bmiddaugh

dunrite…That was High Gear BITD!
    They’ve moved since then, but still have a killer place in Stirling. Rod is really looking to pump the scene up there and he knows the new school scene, check him out.

CrazyCraig

I can’t believe we used to ride our 20’s to Stirling! Of course you lived closer than I did Pete, but it was still a haul!

I’m running 180’s now( came stock with the Flight 24), but may scope out a pair of 185’s at some point.

rodney

Thanks come check us out we support local skate parks , do shows , have demos we try to do whats right.We can get any thing thats out there come talk to me

bmxlegend

craig.. lose those maxxis tires,… comp III’s for life..great for racing, dirt jumping,, lakejumping, and late night drunk games of footdown

great seeing you at eht

CrazyCraig

The Holy Rollers gripped real good – I think I’ll stick with them for now.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.