Homepage Forums News From The Admin Brett’s Ramblings…. NJ BMX Heroes Non-riders, riders, companies.

• This topic has 12 voices and 29 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    4130forlife

i was in contact with mark fillebrown for a bit

mike i added you on myspace

miken1973

when I lived with my dad in Kearny in 97 and part of 98 I used to pick mark up at the path station in Harrison and we would go to flemington or any other local race in the area. Cool guy wonder what he is up to knowadays.

Coughdrop

I would add Jimmy Cliff the “J” in DJ’s bike shop. He was always there to help the riders and never cared how it would benefit him. We closed his shop and painted all the team helmets in his store. Sorted and stored all of the team jerseys and product in his living room, and always helped a rider in need. Jimmy moved to Florida years ago and has since passed on, but I know that he will live on through the gratitude from all of his team riders!

loudogg666

Bike N Gear had a little scene in Middlesex for a while.
    then rodney left and everything went down hill.

rodney

but remember I NEVER left bmx( like some ) and never will !!! soon there will be a change but you did not here that from me

loudogg666

yup. you are a true survivor.

adamguild

Jeff Crawn— I dont even have to go into it…
    Brett Middaugh– BMX GRAND DADDY OF NJ
    TC CYCLES– Dave and Gregg did a lot for there time like em or not….Besides how many other bike shop owners keep a loaded 9mm hanndy?
    Ross Smith Hes in my top 3 Flatlanders of all time…..
    TNT MADE SOME KILLER STEMS AND HOLLOW STEM BOLTS
    Peregrine– Where would we be without 48’s,Q-BARS,Craig Lepaige frames,Phat Jack Hubs,Double Wall Rims
    Dennis Rodman Probably the most eccentric sports star to ever come out of Trenton….Not to mention the toughest power forward ever to play. 5 NBA Championships and having some of the hottest girlfriends ever…

Honorable Mention: Mike Wilson…I think if Mike would have shut out the rest of the world(work,school,drama,girls) and rode flatland exclusively . He would have been in the top 5 flatlanders ever….

Dam out of staters

Jim Dellavalle– Not only is he one of the Original B-TEAM Plywood Hoods
    he also rode killer mini-half and could do beyond a front wheel 720.Not to mention promoting contests,designing products,Peregrine Team Manager and doing shows in BMX,SNOWBOARDING,MOUNTAIN BIKING AND FREE-RIDING…aND OWNING AN AWESOMe BIKE SHOP OF ITS TIME P.G.B.

Rodney Mullen—Without a doubt one of the most creative minds in Skateboarding for 3 decades and counting……..

Hoffman Bikes–I dont like what they did to Flatland…But the money that was made from Hoffman bikes has to be respected….

Kevin Jones—Best Flatlander ever…and can probably ride street better than most people on this site….Back flips,540’s 8 feet of air…All hail Kevin

Dennis Mc Coy—Probably the number one all around rider ever.. How many people have you ever seen do 10 foot over the bar backward whiplashes?????????????? 900’s,,,,flips,flairs,fakies…etc etc etc

loudogg666

mike wilson is one my top five flatlanders in history.
    though no one really knows him, i give hima lot of respect for what he does and what he did.
    super props to him.
    and super props to rodney for giving me a shitload of discounts and let me hangg out at the shop in the winter and shootin’ the shit.
    and props to adam for making me ride harder.

rodney

I got that gun pulled on me!!!! who remembers that huh????

adamguild

I do….Riding in Jersey was always hardcore in one way or the other..lol

bmiddaugh

Isn’t it crazy how back then we took all that shit so serious and we look back now and go damn those were some good times…
    so isn’t that what we should be doing, somehow making it so the younguns now can look back and go
    damn, that was some fun shit.

loudogg666

man, i miss all the good shit.

rodney

nah ..you will have your own

loudogg666

i hope so.
    all or most of my friends quit riding.
    but there are some crazy stories.

rodney

you dont need bikes to have stories alot of mine are not riding related but with out riding the friends would not be around

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.