Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ Racing old nj bmx hall of fame

• This topic has 11 voices and 32 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    RaidenHayden

Well, Brett, since this site is the worst thing to happen to BMX, you and I and the rest of the gang are out! LOL

honestly Brett your a lock in my eyes.
    How many New Jersey riders besides you raced BMX at locals, chased points and raced Nationals. Ok the list narrows. Now how many left on the list have went on to run BMX Trick teams at the peak of freestyle and ride for a Factory Freestyle team like General?
    Basically the list seems to narrow to just one rider in NJs history.
    But Brett ddint stop there. He organized Freestyle events and ran a Freestyle Sanction. He also went on to bring NJ BMX to the online age. New Jersey has one of the strongest Online contingents thanks to Brett Middaugh.

Yeah I didnt follow Freestyle and during its peak years I was out in California.
    Thats why I didnt add the freestyle category.

But I feel what Dave is saying. I to have been apart of BMX for 30 plus years! But I never got a factory ride (cept when DB sponsored my bike trip).
    Still I know I am the soul of BMX like Dave and others in here.
    But my racing doesnt get me in, but starting Hyper may. Plus most of my days I lived in PA not NJ. Same with Jud, thats why he’s not on the list. OMG I forgot to add Guy. Editing now lol.

rodney

How about a seperate list of the hardcore, underground,soul, riders that yes may smoke . drink . curse . have bad hair days and wear womens jeans they to have givin to bmx and should in some way be known to the world

BIGANT-DOG

Rod i like that idea,

4130forlife

womens jeans.. um. thats definitly out!!!!

ok i also was one of the 3 guys that started secaucus bmx..an ABA track

bmiddaugh

Finally, I get some truth from Dave here.
    Dave, tell us how that track got started, it might inspire some other people to take the plunge!

4130forlife

my frend pete rimassa worked for the town of secaucus and found out they had some land they didnt use.. so he found a way to get them to let us use it.. we called the aba, and it sort of went from there, got someone from the aba to come out and build the track.. found a welder to make a gate.. it was 14 years ago.. so the memory of that sort of dissapeared.. i will tell you we had a great time down there.. our very own bike track, it was like a dream come true.. we worked, lived ate slept seacaucus bmx for 4 or 5 years.. it was troublesome at 1st doing motos with the wack a$$ computer we had.. we also got some of those box traiulers from the town which were awesome. but we always had stupid hoodlum kids breaking into them..all in all.. GREAT time with my buddies, it was me , pete rimassa and rob dolecki..man, if i had a time machine.. id go back and do it the same all over again.. wouldnt change a thing

bmiddaugh

Do it again.
    Start talking to people where you live.

4130forlife

and to save money we also donated all of our trophies.. we went on trophy pickup everywhere we could.. we spread the word around thruout nj, pa and ny..so thatw as super cool..back then we had REAL marble trophies..

the track was awesome.. lil starting hill, then roller, then huge tabletop thingy, to looooooooooong sweeping right tun, step up, now here is the good part..you had a descision maker.. a- step up to long straight then step tabletop thingy to right hand sharp turn b- step up to 2 NICE BIG sets of doubles which we called the pro section..then to right hand turn. then next straight we had a triple roller thingy to doubles, then left turn with roller in it.. to last straight which was sort of rythym sectionish to finish line.. now mind you. we had DIRT berms.. soooooooooo nice

bigtimber

Dirt berms! Theres an inovative idea! OH wait thats what they all were at one time. I forgot.

4130forlife

wouldnt it be nice to have them back

bigtimber

Damn right! See ham I love olot of the old school even though I clip in!

4130forlife

that will change right after you fall and break a hip cause you cant get out of your pedals

CrazyCraig

@4130forlife wrote:

i dont need any hall of fame.. i rule, and thats all there is to that

I think we need to contact PBR and get Dave in their Hall of Fame. 😛

BIGANT-DOG

So dave really is a legend!!!!!!!!! Now suppose i could get the people in edison to “give us the land” would the ABA do the same thing in 2007? I mean bill would it be nice to have a sister track? Of course i still like the idea of a practice track, but……………

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.