Homepage Forums News From The Admin Brett’s Ramblings…. New rules for viewing the forums.

• This topic has 3 voices and 10 replies.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    bmiddaugh

The only people who can now view ANY of the brokenspokes forums are REGISTERED members.
    You must be a member of brokenspokes to see anything. This means no more casual viewing by people who “claim” to never look in the forums but are hearing, printing out and reading every dang thing said.
    This will also appease anyone who thinks that young kids should not be seeing the things on here as the user agreement states you have to be over 16 to get on here.
    And on a side note to that…
    Ya know I talk, as you well know, to a lot of people, 99% do not have a problem with what is on the forums in fact they don’t see anything that we put on here as being that bad for a teen to see.
    What they do say is that some of it may be very IMMATURE…hint hint….but barring that we are actually doing something….
    and having fun.
    Back to business.

RaidenHayden

Like I heard at todays meeting, the election was done in the fashion it was, because ” of the crap at brokenspokes”, they are reading. I anticipate a few old members with very new screen names, that aren’t coming here of coarse!!!

bmiddaugh

First off…and this is not directed at you Bill….
    First off,
    There was only ONE way to conduct that meeting and that way WAS NOT FOLLOWED.
    Secondly, what crap were they speaking of?
    And lastly who made this statement, “the crap at brokenspokes”.
    PM me if you like.

I don’t post “crap”, I post truth and if people can’t handle that perhaps they are not the right person for the job.

RaidenHayden

If they can say it in front of all the people at the HCBMX meeting why PM, it was Mrs. Fillipone No secrets here, they want secret quick meetings ok

bmiddaugh

I’m sorry does she have a position anywhere?
    I have yet to hear from her at a meeting.
    Well…it’s all good because none of her kids can look in the forums anymore.
    I try to make everyone happy.
    Hey she wasn’t bagging on the pictures I take of her kids was she..
    dang that would bum me out, cause I get plenty of good shots of Paul..

RaidenHayden

Your only usefull when you fall in line I guess

bmiddaugh

I will bite the hand that feeds.

bmiddaugh

When the hand feeds poison.

RaidenHayden

Brett
    What I’m in total awe of, is a guy like Matt does all he does for the kids, had the thing in the skate park, and some thought that was a bad idea, what happened to the fun factor?
    Then no one seeems anymore to have the vision to make this bigger
    Matt brought up getting more volunteers, at that point I brought up lets get more riders, which naturally creates more volunteers
    Whoosh, right over one head,

bmiddaugh

Matt is the absolute freaking best, when he said to me that he listens to his 12 year old son and if he says it’s cool he goes with it.
    I knew this guy was with us…
    Maybe it also has something to do with the fact that both he AND his wife are riders.
    Who argues with bringing BMXers to a skatepark for an afternoon of fun?
    Oh….I know, people who have no clue about the heart of a BMXer.

bmxmom156

matt always makes it a point to take time to listen to the riders week after week. my son has nothing but the utmost respect for him as a rider and track director/operator. he asks for suggestions and actually listens to the kids. a few of the riders/ kids WHATEVER you call them (maybe we can find another word if kids is offensive..lol) drew up plans for their ultimate track change /what they would like/ what can be changed using the current layout etc..suprisingly enough many of the older riders and younger more serious riders( well MOST of them i wont say ALL) were on the same page and had the same wish list… and he took many of their ideas and used them. i think thats why my son respects him so much its because he listens to them and also works side by side with them on those changes… he backs them up too which to a teenager means alot.

bmiddaugh

Matttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.