Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ Racing old New racer help needed.

• This topic has 5 voices and 8 replies.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    BIGANT-DOG

I really think my nephew is ready to hit the dirt. All he talks about is racing. He chases his little brother aroundall the time. his bro is not as good as he is on a bike yet, and he always yells at him. Now i plan on bringing them to the track sunday, If they are not scared of the jumps. (don’t think the older one will be.) I plan on getting one if not both of them out there this year. Now here is my other prob. They are close in age One will be 7 in nov and the other just turned 5 in july. Most likely they would have to race eachother. How do you do this without causing problems. They have already been through alot at a young age. My brother and his wife are divorced. So how do i keep em both happy without wanting to kill eachother. I do not have expierince raising kids so i need you guys thoughts and opinions. 😕

FSHUM

Start promoting bmx in the area schools starting with kindergarten through second grade. Then there will be so many kids racing that you could put them both in different qualifiers. I don’t know what to tell ya if they both make the main, though. 😕 Just kiddin’
    I’m sure that just gettin’ them to the track to have some fun is a good start. Worry about the rest later. Don’t get ahead of yourself, they might wanna play football instead. 😛
    Good luck, go race.

BIGANT-DOG

they might wanna play football instead.
    Good luck, go race

Oh God I hope not!!!!!!!!!(J/K) But if they did i would not be mad, I would not force them to race. E-man is the one who is morw of a natural on a bike. david might be a football player. will put up a recent pic of em this week.

CrazyCraig

Ant – first – at that age I would sign them up as Rookies, not Novices. Better chance of racing in class believe it or not (or at least their age), and also better chance they won’t get combined.

Make sure they understand that racing each other is good, but explain to them the rules and track etiquette that ALL racers must abide by, and if they don’t, they will not be allowed to race. I would recommend you introduce them to one of the older riders, or better yet one of the officials and let them explain it to them as well, this way you are not the bad guy if they get thrown off the track for trying to take each other out.

Hopefully they will understand they are not the only riders on the track and they have to race safely.

CWCCRIDER

Tell them it’s “”You against the track”” and not always about beating the guy next to them smooth is fast— fast is smooth !!!!

BIGANT-DOG

Oh na craig they will be rookies. no doubt about that.

CrazyCraig

@CWCCRIDER wrote:

Tell them it’s “”You against the track”” and not always about beating the guy next to them smooth is fast— fast is smooth !!!!

…but remember to tell them to look up when they come out of the second turn. :wink:!

BIGANT-DOG

Hope to have there sunday.

Ant, my kids are 7 and 8and half…both novices now and locally they usually end up racing each other. Usually the little guy beats his older brother, and yes, it does require some “counseling”! I try to focus on what each of them does good on a section of the track instead of who beats who. So far it has gone pretty well and the older one is getting tired of getting beat!

Loren

BIGANT-DOG

Wait now i gotta get em clips and 1,000 bikes and carbon forks and ohh hell no I WILL NEVER BE ONE OF “THOSE PEOPLE.”

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.