Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ BMX Racers Forum New presidence set in NJ BMX today….

• This topic has 9 voices and 16 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    moderator1

It was the first time that an amateur was able to race the Pro/Am race without having to race class. So since it was done today at EHT then it should be proposed that all riders who want to race a Pro/Am in NJ should not have to race class…….

What does everyone else think……

ok. but where does that leave ‘class’?

moderator1

Nobody says you can’t race class…..All I am saying is that if you do it for one than everyone should be able to.

I don’t know the details, and frankly I don’t care… are you saying we should abandon the class rule? or that a judgement call was wrong today?

bmiddaugh

The class rule is an nbl rule, kudos to EHT for taking a stand against a bad rule on the nbl’s part.

Of course I’m sure no one will tell anyone who this was.
    I love BMX racing drama.

moderator1

@guinnessextreme wrote:

I don’t know the details, and frankly I don’t care… are you saying we should abandon the class rule? or that a judgement call was wrong today?

Not saying it was wrong….I don’t personally have a problem with it. I am just saying that when someone goes to race open and doesn’t feel like racing class, then there should not be any problems.

Loren…I was not bashing anyone or trying to start problems, just pointing out that change can happen and it can be good. Pro opens are not run often so the racing “class” is not going to change for majority of the races.

@bmiddaugh wrote:

The class rule is an nbl rule, kudos to EHT for taking a stand against a bad rule on the nbl’s part.

Of course I’m sure no one will tell anyone who this was.
    I love BMX racing drama.

You are right about the rule and I am sure that the person who this was done for would not have a problem with letting people know who it was….No drama and no bitching just stating a fact.

s4lnj

not race or not register????

i saw lots of people that didn’t race class, but without going back to examine the moto sheets, would be hard to see if they didn’ t register.

either way it is a step in the right direction. this is a rule that needs adjusting.

bmxmom156

it was not just 1 it was a few riders. i agree racing class should be optional.

but in case they cant change it:

like i asked before i would like to see what exactly the nbl rule is on this as to why they have to race class. is it a portion of the class entry goes for the insurance?(like how much? $2? if that be the case then why not just let the ams pay the insurance amt and be done with it? after all 2 is better than 10?? that is if they cant change the rule.

does anyone know exactly what /why the nbl rule is that way?

bmxer901

If the rider wnts to race open they shouldnt have to be forced to put up more money just to race class. Just look at the 17-24 x main. There was what 5 people that showed up for it. The other 3 ran the open main. Which none of these 5 ridrs were in the open main. So all this accomplishes is hurting comp.

bmxmom1001

My thought on why they make you race class in order to race open is because of the move up thing. Yes, I know the move up point doesn’t pertain to experts or girls or cruisers but I guess to make it fair for everyone you must race class. Say if your are a rookie and you only race pro-am opens or normal opens and by the grace of God your super fast and whoop everyones a** you don’t get a move up point right? Just in class you get those points so people need to get those move up points. Just my thought. UMMM UMMM and also so they can take our money.

RaidenHayden

I thought you had to be expert to race the Pro-Ams

bmiddaugh

This is bigger news than I imagined.
    Today, I can say I am a very happy man, and that my faith in people has been renewed.

Barring my girlfriend having something important she needs done. This website and szine will cover whatever Mike V has going on at EHT.

bmxmom1001

@RaidenHayden wrote:

I thought you had to be expert to race the Pro-Ams

not to my knowledge. Knapper races just cruiser. Girls can race pro ams. Carly raced in Howell and girls techncially are considered Novice in pts.

kevh

Carley is pro, and cruiser is considered expert isn’t it?

Everyone just races cruiser not novice cruiser.

RaidenHayden

Yeah, but that may be how the ABA does it. Not sure on Nibbler rules LOL

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.