Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing BMX Events new paltz regional

• This topic has 3 voices and 6 replies.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    4130forlife

the bmx legend drunk crew is heading up to new paltz..any of you lazy grown men going to go also????

Craigmeur77

Too lazy to go tonight but will be there tomorrow.

4130forlife

word.. hit up the bmx legend tent.. have a beer and relax..

buy some stuff too

CrazyCraig

I’ll be there on Saturday!

CrazyCraig

New Paltz ran 1-1/2 motos today and then it got called due to rain.

Somewhat puzzling though. It rained there in the morning, and they knew more was in the forecast. The start of practice was delayed till about 9am, and they ran an open practice, alternating between 13 & under and 14 & over.

But… they decided it was best to push back race time till 12, instead of running short practice and starting on time at 11. With all due respect to the operators, cause I have never done your job, I still feel this was bad judgment. Knowing T-storms were in the forecast, an 11am start would have been prudent. We might have gotten the race in.

I’m heading back tomorrow, the forecast is better, but I am only able to cause I got my mom to watch the kids while my wife is at church.

CrazyCraig

They were able to run the Regional today. The weather was actually good racing weather. It cooled off, the humidity wasn’t bad, and we didn’t get any thunder until the third motos, but it never rained. They did a good job with the track, although it was still soft, but not as bad as yesterday. It stayed in the mid 70’s up there all day.

I apologize that I cannot report on Jersey results cause I dont know all the names, but I saw some happy NJ campers leave with some first places not to mention all the other riders who did well.

4130forlife

and bmx legend sold out of shirts.. hella.. new batch on the way soon…

CrazyCraig

BTW: For those who were not there or did not see my whole 35+ Nov main, I did try making a pass in a turn with my foot down.

Gotta love old school, right? It was worth a shot, I did not have a good line otherwise.

Oh, and if Wog is reading this: my grunt came back this weekend. Third moto of 35 Nov, I was leading, but cased a front tire a little, and had to push it hard to hold my position. Even the anoouncer heard me and made a comment. I was doing all I could to provide the entertainment this weekend.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.