Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ Racing old new nbl software

• This topic has 3 voices and 5 replies.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    bmiddaugh

Judging by the florida state site, they are running the new software.
    WTF aren’t we?
    Does florida get special privilege?
    They damn well better not.

bmiddaugh

Apparently this WILL be available at CC.
    From the Florida SSA website Nov board meeting minutes.

Alice repeated several times that it would be a mistake for a track not to send the Clerk. This year the NBL will have a computer program and they are only going to allow the clerks to go to the clerking training; so the tracks that don’t send their clerks will not know how to run the program. The NBL is supposed to send a letter on December 5th or 10th to everyone that has a license now. The letter is going to state when the clerking classes are being held (there are supposed to be 2 being offered) and what kind of computer you will need. Alice stated that she knows one of the classes is on Friday morning and that the class size is going to be limited for each class. The NBL will not tolerate talking and playing around and they will oust people and not allow them to attend the next class; so those that are going are going are encouraged to come with a serious attitude.

It is my experience with businesses and software training that it is not uncommon to send someone from the business to train on “new software”.
    It is my belief that one person who is HIGHLY CAPABLE of training other people on the nbl’s “new” software be sentas this will save on the already heavily taxed state and track finances.
    Although it is my FIRM belief that a small users manual and a few hours of hands on will no doubt be enough to run any moto maker software.
    Perhaps someone from the state with a personal relationship with those at the nbl could get a copy of the program for the tracks to train on over the winter.

RaidenHayden

Also, for the 2007 racing season, they have adopted the NBLs new point structure.
    Also according to their bylaws they pay certain people to perform tasks, like the clerk and so on, however they have 21 tracks, that being 7 times our amount, and a hell of alot more riders

bmiddaugh

Also according to their bylaws they pay certain people to perform tasks

Well as long as it’s in the by-laws…..

RaidenHayden

I’d agree with that, IF we had more riders, and IF we had more money to pay!!!!!
    That would mean trying to put out flyers everywhere, and hanging them in shops on bikes, but lo, someone might get sued.

paulkka

It is also necessary and common for all new software to be “Beta” tested in a real use situation. If Fl is using it now I would assume this in why and with the number of tracks and riders it would be a logical place to do it.

bmiddaugh

It would make sense to beta test amongst as many as possible, perhaps 1-2 tracks per state.
    Fla gets special privilege due to the $$ they get to the nbl.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.