Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ Racing old NBL’s new classes for 07

• This topic has 7 voices and 12 replies.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    RFarside

RFarside

2007 NATIONAL SERIES INFORMATION
    This is from the NBL’s web site.

The NBL is proud to announce a number of new amateur classes and some exciting modifications to the existing Elite Series racing program. We have added some new female classes including a 17 & Over and several more women’s cruiser categories. While the NBL still uses age-of-the-day to build their amateur classes, any riders who are racing Elite (19+) and Junior (17-18 ) will use their age as of December 31, 2007.

Elite and Junior classes will earn plates and awards from the Elite Series races only. At Big-A races, an Elite Open and a 16 & Over Girls open will be offered but those points will not be counted towards the official Elite and Junior Titles. Any amateur who is interesting in racing the UCI Worlds in Canada, must be riding in a Challenge level class; Expert male, Girls, and Cruiser. USAC will be announcing qualification criteria shortly. Click here to see the full list of classes and more.

RFarside

So if I read this correct you could have some riders qualifying in classes that they won’t be racing in at the worlds. How is that going to work?

bmxmom156

i am kind of confused.

so if you are 17x for the 07 national season then you have to race in 17-24 men in regionals and nationals as well as the worlds?

are they also saying you race the age you are that day?

bmxmom156

plus why bother mentioning the rookies and novices///that you have to race in a challenge or championship class to go to canada..what rookie /nov in his right mind would be going to the worlds anyway? wouldnt you think you would be expert first?

like i said maybe i am missing somethng or i am tired?

RFarside

You race the age you are the day of the race for national and regionals. For the worlds you would race what your age is as of 12/30/07.

RFarside

For the challenge class you have to be an expert, cruiser, or girl’s class.

bmxmom156

do nothing is changed but the nbl national age groups are now exactly the same as uci for experts girls and cruisers

is that correct?

why put 3 of the largest classes from the grands together 16x moved up to 17x, 18x and 19-24? i dont get it. we usually have 1/4s’ at the larger nationals, had 11 groups at the grands just in 16x alone… wow!

LeadSled1

The classes still do not match. I had hoped they would rearrange the 30-34 X class as it is too small but no luck. They should have made it 25-34 as 25-29 will be tiny also. I think they did that so that the two would combine at nationals but keep the points seperate so not too many people in 30-34 complain.

Looks like they took away the 30+ opens also. 👿

CrazyCraig

Ya know Jess, I just realized that too, and I was actually looking forward to possibly racing opens at some point. But if its gonna be 16+ at Nats, thats gonna be crazy!

bmxer901

at some the nationals/regionalys i went to this year bob t. and dave m. were trying to figure out what to do about the 22-29 x class and the 22-29 nov class, since the turnouts were so small the 22-29 nov class had to be combined at just about every race. so why go and make it smaller 7 out of the 12 22-29 novices that went to the grands were all 22 and 23. so this is fixing the problem by making it 25-29?
    Ive never been to an aba race but someone told me that there class is 18-29 is that true?

Sullivan

the aba class is 19-27

Macdaddy

Wait…. so my 12 yo son who turns 13 in March still races the same way as this year? race your age? does the Dec.31 date effect him? AAARRRGGG!!! why not leave crappy enough alone

CrazyCraig

I went to the NBL site and the “race your age” as of 12/31/07 only effects Championship classes (Elite), not the Challenge classes.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.