Homepage Forums Riders Committee Change NJBMX My own personal thing

• This topic has 4 voices and 11 replies.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    bmiddaugh

I have a problem with one thing and it really burns me up, and I am going to need some of you to back me up on this or I will be shot down like snoopy battling the red baron.

The NJBMX.org website as told to me by Jeff Morgan MUST have visionsinfoline listed as a sponsor on the front of the site.
    I normally wouldn’t have a problem with this but the fact that we PAY visionsinfoline $240.00 a year for webhosting, is telling me they are not a sponsor as to me a sponsor either donates stuff for free or at a good discount.
    visionsinfoline is the webhost for njbmx, the place where the website pages are kept, brokenspokes has a webhost as well. I pay my webhost $120.00 a year, I don’t list them as a sponsor as I am paying them. I don’t care who hosts the site as long as they are donating or giving it to us for at least the amount I am paying or less.

I am going to bring this up at the jan meeting and be very tactful out of respect for what Jeff has done but I still this as sort of one of those uncool things that is done to BMX.

RaidenHayden

Why do you think the change in leadership is fought, they ALL have an agenda, and it all costs the racers too!!!!!!! I think Jeff knows that if different people were involved, that his boards and site would be different or GONE

CrazyCraig

I would not list them as a sponsor. But, I do see a lot of webhosts mentioned at the bottom of the home page for many websites, with a link to them, etc.

Its cool to have them on there, just don’t worry about the word sponsor.

But, at the same time. with everything else we are trying to do, is this a battle we need to fight at this time?

bmiddaugh

I don’t look at it like a battle, more like.
    Sponsor us.
    Lower your cost.
    Or your name comes off as a sponsor.

It’s only being fair to those who do sponsor things….
    Like Craig here, didn’t you pay for that banner ad on the HC page?

RFarside

@CrazyCraig wrote:

But, at the same time. with everything else we are trying to do, is this a battle we need to fight at this time?

Yes it is. There could be a reason why they are listed as a sponsor $$$. Let’s hope not.

bmiddaugh

I’m not asking anyone to fight it. I just want people who know what the word sponsorship means to make a stand when the time is right.
    Also, and this is important. Jeff had been getting paid…whatever amount it was to update the site before I came along.
    Do you all think that was ok as well?
    And again, it’s not like I don’t like the guy, it’s about stepping up and doing the right thing.

RFarside

Volunteer = no money. It’s that simple.

CrazyCraig

Yes Brett – I pay for that banner ad on HC as part of my “gold sponsorship” package. I am allowed to hang signs at HC on race days (gotta get some made) and Matt always talks me up very well at the locals.

I only asked if this is a fight worth worrying about because I did not know all the facts. Your right, why is it SOOOO important to Jeff that they are called a “sponsor”? Maybe its so that company can say they are “discounting” their services and deducting the rest as a “charitable deduction” for “sponsoring” a tax exempt organization????? Just thinking out loud here.

So, another “paid” position for an all-volunteer organization, huh? If done correctly, Jeff could issue/get a receipt for “services rendered” to/from NJ BMX and deduct it on his taxes. As long as he could prove the services were rendered (in case of an audit), its totally legit.

bmiddaugh

Ok, so this “must be a sponsor” thing now makes sense to me.
    See, you guys know all this stuff and I’m sitting here like this innocent little kid getting killed, lol!
    Yes, I see that this has to be brought up.
    In fact every single 501c3 track that Jeff “discounts” services to he can then deduct, correct?

RaidenHayden

Yeah he could list it as a deduction, or as income, depends on how it is set. Is he recieving money for services, or discounting services?? Botom line volunteer=NO MONEY. At no local track, even when we did a massive rebuild at Cedar, did I want money, and with all the time I took off it cost me!!! I didn’t want a thing other than to make it better, that’s what makes me angry, all of these self important, wannabe types, if you are doing it for the sport, than it’s for the sport, no money

CrazyCraig

Brett, I am not necessarily saying he is doing that, I am just suggesting this could be the motivation behind having the webhost as a “sponsor” – so as to be able to take some sort of tax deduction.

Does Jeff own the company that he insists does the webhosting?

bmiddaugh

Honestly, I don’t know if he does.
    I know when you click that visionsinfoline link it goes to all stuff about Jeff.
    Either way, a sponsor gives some sort of donation. This does not sound like that.
    We’ll see…

bmiddaugh

Honestly, I don’t know if he does.
    I know when you click that visionsinfoline link it goes to all stuff about Jeff.
    Either way, a sponsor gives some sort of donation. This does not sound like that.
    We’ll see…

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.