• This topic has 7 voices and 16 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    bmiddaugh

Rule problems are the order of the day right now…
    A lot of them stem from the early days and parents who have never ridden wanting their child to win. So rules were changed that made things better for complaining parents.
    “It’s good for my child”
    The new order of the day is to replace “good for my child”
    with
    “good for BMX”.

RaidenHayden

Uh Oh, that means someone won’t be Nat number 1 rookie for a few years, that means higher points for winning mains, and not getting more points for motos, that means effort is rewarded, sandbagging frown on. Wow what a revelation!!!!!!

dunrite9

Isn’t the fix for them problems the ABA? 🙄

Macdaddy

Please, enough with the grass is greener syndrome. I agree with brett that bmx is suffering from the same thing as other sports.(re:soccermom syndrome). The answer isn’t the ABA. Believe me there is plenty of the same problems there. I believe that the answer is to solve the problems. I am tired of all this ABA crap. If you all think the ABA is the answer why did Bensalem only have 5 motos last week? Where were all of you? I figured that with all of the pro ABA sentiment around here I would see 30 motos. But did I? NO! Oh, I get it the ABA is not the answer, ABA in New Jersey is. Oh wait didn’t there used to be one? Oh yeah, IT SHUT DOWN! Solve the problems that are important – rider count, rider count, rider count. Next person that posts about how the ABA is sooo much better, I better see at Bensalem instead of CJBMX. Or how about their race on fridays. There is no conflict there. Don’t worry, I won’t hold my breath.

Macdaddy

Oh, one more thing, in the Almighty ABA there is sandbagging. BLASPHMOUS, I know. When all three motos dont count toward getting to the main you have riders not trying in the first and/or second moto. Isn’t this the very definition of sandbagging? NOT WINNING ON PURPOSE? this goes on all the time. The NBL is not the devil. FIX WHAT’S WRONG.

RaidenHayden

Just for the record, the demise of Seacacus, was NOT lack of turnout or help!! It was a Wensday morning in Sept of 2000, I was home sick and Bob Knipe called me at home, I knew there was a problem. The property was owned by Hartz Mountain Development, and the other half was town property. The developer, because of DEP regs needed the prop back for the building they were putting up, and the impervious area (parking lot) needed to be moved. The track was thriving. The ABA does have it’s probs at times, but not anywhere to the extent the NBL does. Why? More is put on the local director than all these commitees. You have an ABA state series with none of the nonsense that goes on. NO meetings, NO crap, one track gets the finals (by how many sign ups it gets) and the awards are there, they are teh same state to state

Macdaddy

AHA! bill, we race both sanctions. EVERYTHING you stated as problems are NOT nbl problems but personell problems in the state of NJ. If all opf these were delt with, what then? There seems to be an elitism coming from both sides. We see it every time we go to an ABA track also. “We cant go to cbmx/bensalem – thats an nbl/aba track and we only race aba/nbl.” I know that you personally prefer aba , thats fine. I am also aware of your location. BUT>>> it seems that every time someone mentions a NJ problem, the answer is ABA. If all of the tracks were ABA and the same people were in charge, and the same apathy occurred through the last few years, everyone would be calling for a change to the nbl, its only human nature. What I am trying to do is stop the knee-jerk reaction thats happening. We are blaming the santion for things that are bewond their control.

Do I wish that Bob T. or a rep. from the nbl would come on here and discuss the problem? Sure. I appreciate the input the ABA rep. has(sorry i forgot his name and am too lazy to look it up) but how much of that is because of all the bitching going on about the nbl? I am not a cynical person but one has to wonder.

About the state series, if we had a state series like the one in Florida or conn no one would be saying anything. Geez I dont even live in NJ, lets fix the problems not run away from them. The flyer thing is a great start, so is the rider council. Unfortunatelt, how serious can the the “state” take it if some of the people there are advocating either a change to ABA or forming their own sanction? I’ll tell you – not very.
    rhere is a fine line between oiling the squeeky wheel and throwing the whole chair out. I’ll say again, fix the problem. Figure out what is the single biggest problem and fix that. Then move on to the next problem and fix that. I personally think that the rider count at locals is the most inportant problem. Fix it. dont worry about wether the state series is screwed up, or the people in charge dont listen, fix the one problem Once you have proven that you can fix it people will take it more seriously. Then fix the state series.

I want you to know Bill that I am NOT personally attacking you with this We have pm’d each other and I think you are open to whatever will help. So am I. If I thought that all of NJ’s problems would be solved by switching sanctions, I would be all over it. But all I hear is how the ABA is GOD and the nbl is the Devil. Please. And I am not backing off my statement earlier, I wasnt all those brave people out there (excluding leadsled and bill- because i have seen them) to even try aba before they spout off. If I go to the aba web site, I know who all the riders are and I know that there are only 22 NJ riders in the ABA. Step up or Shut up.

CrazyCraig

Mac – I have raced both, and I have liked both for different reasons. I have not raced ABA yet this year, and I will admit, I am guilty of sowing some ABA seeds, and you are right, changing sanctions wont solve anything short term, rider counts are the most important. But, in the long run, alot of changes, or at least improvements are needed so once we get these new riders, they don’t fall into the same traps or get turned off by the crap we are all complaining about.

You are right, it would be a knee-jerk reaction, but what you are seeing is alot of vets who were there when this was BIG and are frustrated. So we are going to spout off a little, and ultimately we hope to bring change. The good part of all of this is that we ARE frustrated, and though not everything we say on here is the solution, its getting people to think and getting people involved. I’m sure I am not the only person who is happy you came on here and posted your feelings and opinions, because its one more view we need to consider, and maybe you’ll help us keep some cooler heads. Thanks for being involved.

RaidenHayden

Mac is right that the probs do exsist in both, point in case a few years ago at an ABA track that Kevin ran, ther were problems with a new bunch that wanted to hepl. However, they were there more for them selves than the sport!! I told Kev, these people would only be here a short time and then gone (flash in the pan) and they were. The biggest problem in both, but in my opinion more in the NBL is that some of the people running the show are back in high school, and it’s a popularity contest, rather than volunteering to thelp the sport, or their riders. There is too much about nothing, and more local volunteering at the tracks that really needs to be done. I don’t know how the ABA tracks get away with out all the committee garbage, but I’m glad, let’s just race. Guys, go help the local tracks, the flyer thing was about the best, get rid of the crap, and who is in charge and work together, rather than worrying about stepping on toes. Bob Knipe was a benevollent dictator, things ran smooth we all knew what to do, Kevin C, the same way!! You need one person to make a decision rather than voting onit, Matt D is also good at his, I can’t comment about the other tracks cause I don’t go WORK TOGETHER, and no matter what sanction things will be goos, HAve one set of rules all will follow, and things will be goos, treat everyone the same and all will be good, these are alll you have to work out and the probs are solved

Macdaddy

Just another thought. Bill said that mr.knipe was a dictator, well We speak to people in florida and they hate the state commish. they think she is a B*%#h. guess what? they dont vote her out because she gets the job done. sometimes a dictator can be a good thing.

RaidenHayden

Exactly people need direction

Macdaddy

Oh and Bill, again you are mistaking personell problems with sanction problems. The ABA did not have anything to do with correcting the problem at that track, locals did. The same MUST happen in NJ. The popularity contest you mention is prevalent in NJ, but for it to be an NBL thing, there must be the same problem everywhere, and that you cannot say.If that were the case, then the problem at this other track should be considered an ABA problem. Right?

To set the record straight, we race both sanctions almost equally locally,and like both sanctions for different reasons. I am NOT anti ABA. On the contrary, we are heading out to Ohio this week end for the Redline Cup. If there was a NJ ABA track we would probably find time to go there as well. We have tried to get racers from both sanctions to try the other, with little success. My rants are about fixing problems and assigning blame where it belongs if it belongs there.

RaidenHayden

The only reason I label it as an NBL thing, is that that sanction seems to be into boards and committes, rather than the task at hand. As far as the ABA probs, I have seen them go to completely crazy, case in point, an individual thought I was gonna kill him , cause his wife got mad at someone and attacked them, at which point she nearly trampled my 1 year old daughter, realizing the error of his ways and somebody winding him up, as to he should be in fear of his life, never mind I never threatened him, he went to the local police who called me, to ask me not to do anything to this guy cause they didn’t have the manpower

4130forlife

aba and nbl suck.. there its final.. stop it kids

go get some beers

Macdaddy

Dave, neither suck, and that is my point. If we lived in utopia there would be only 1 sanction with all of the good thing and none of the bad.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.