Homepage Forums Grassroots BMX Ideas, Innovations Maybe the UCI is the answer.

• This topic has 6 voices and 11 replies.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    LeadSled1

I sat down and took a look at how the UCI runs it’s national and world level events. It is pretty interesting. They do not have Rookie/Novice/Expert classes at the national level. They only have Challenge classes for the age groups. More or less an “open” class per each age group. They then have an optional level called Championship level which is the junior and elite classes.

Maybe they know something that we do not?

BIGANT-DOG

Crap that sounds better than what they (nbl) are doing right now.

CrazyCraig

But Ant – you would be racing Farside on 20″ at the locals. 😯

BIGANT-DOG

Ain’t nuttin but something to do. I AIN’T NEVER SCARED!!!!!!!!!!

LeadSled1

Nah, locals you would have divided up in the Rookie/Nov/Ex classes. Nationals and Worlds are age groups.

They have their races planned out for years in advance which is pretty cool.

bmxlegend

well.. i think we should all just race..no novice.. no expert..just racers.. thats all..thats the only way we will get better is by racing faster people.. and just plain out riding bmx.. full gates would be back in bmx..man i miss full gates in motos..i mean its not bad with the 6 man motos.. by 8 would be sooooooooooooooo much more fun

RaidenHayden

Jess, I think all you would need to do is get rid of the plates for all the classes, and award for ex, cru, girls, then the career rookies would have to either go up in class or just race locals, it’s the pretige of the #1 nat rookie , if there is any after your first time would be gone

Anonymous

I agree with Bill. Think about national numbers in the ABA, Amatuer title, Cruiser title, Girls title, Pro and Pro Cruiser title. No novice or rookie in there. Even their NAG plates are by age not proficiency. The NBL is the only sanctioning body that I know of that has national numbers for Rookies and Novice. It gives the less skilled riders a reason to go to nationals and the grands, but no incentive to advance. I know this topic has been done to death, but I thought I would throw in my $.02 anyway.

bmiddaugh

Though the UCI isn’t the answer….unless the answer is take BMX’s money and use it in other places…
    BMX’s sanctioning bodies are both not using the sport to it’s full potential.
    The NBL is OWNED by the UCI.

BIGANT-DOG

True dat playa. From what you and others have told me, Where is the money going? Why does the nbl use old computers,

LeadSled1

Psssst…… NBL is owned by USAC. But the UCI loves the NBL and USAC loves the ABA. 😉

The ABA does have ROC and Redline Cup #1s for Novice and Intermediates. I have seen a butt load of sandbagging due to those plates. But that happens at a local level and not a national level so it is less detectable to the masses.

bmiddaugh

i knew it was one of them US something C’s, lol…
    Of course they love us… who doesn’t love the cash cow… lol!
    I mean it’s obvious by all the media coverage they persue and how they listen intently to what the pros and experts need to make racing more watchable by the masses….

Jesse, you are such an inside informant man!, lol

bmiddaugh

If the UCI is the answer then the question has to be , “how bad can we jack up BMX”?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.