Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ Racing old Kustion for Raiden..

• This topic has 4 voices and 7 replies.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    bmiddaugh

is it true that Clayton J. wears a big gold ring with a dollar sign on it?
    Ahm curious.

LeadSled1

Actually it is a diamond ring with a picture of Bobby T. in the center.

RaidenHayden

It’s a big gold ring, some say it’s for when he brought the ABA out of bankruptcy. I know from hearing him over the two ways at nationals, when I worked them, he does have a real interest in everybodies well being, and the riders. The stories about the ABA is out for money, and don’t care about the riders, well, anyone can twist anything. If it takes money to grow this sport again, then so be it!!!!

bmiddaugh

Just wondering…being realistic about things, if we look at the ABA and NBL.
    The ABA is more professional hands down. I was sorta wondering Clayton’s motivation for that ring, I’ll be honest Bill, if it wasn’t for your endorsement of Clayton, I’d be suspicious of all the B.S. out there. Gold rings aside, it’s obvious that the ABA plows money back into it’s racing program. They are up to date and 21st century with everything.
    The NBL seemed focused on the Olympics, a noble goal, but one that now seems sorta of not needed with all the other outlets racing could go to if it was MARKETED properly.
    I still wonder where money goes in the NBL because we are using an anitquated DOS based race program, and it’s basically an all volunteer organization.
    It’s just that both these guys Bob and Clayton have been in it for so loooongggg, that it feels like racing needs a changing of the guard.
    Something is amiss in BMX racing land and after looking in a lot of places, the only place I haven’t peaked yet is upper level sanctioning body land…where all our hard earned sheckles go…

bmiddaugh

oh and thanks for answering the question without reading any spitefullness into it!
    and…
    I didn’t know the ABA was near bankruptcy at one point, as such, it takes a very big set of brassies to pull a company out of the big B and bring it back.
    Things become clearer…

bmxlegend

yeah, where does the $ go?? we get a crappy nbl magazine..crappy trophies.. stupid plaques…45$a national per rider..45 a year for membership… where does all my $ go.. bob t i hear has some very nice cars and what not..

RaidenHayden

First off, both are alot alike, Bob and Clayton. Both from PA, both started I believe as TO, I know Clayton did!
    The membership money for either, is definitely not because of the mag, but rather all the admin costs and the mag, and of coarse profit.
    As far as the ring, it was a gift, not a purchase!
    The DOS based program, well I’m still scratching my head on that one!
    The Olympics, well folks, curling is in the Olympics, and I don’t see a mass exodus of children dropping their baseball bats, and soccer balls, to slide on the ice in front of a rock!!!!!!! Will it help, maybe! I think in Europe, where all cycling is BIG, it may impact more. Remember, the kid see’s it on TV, wants to do it, where is the first place they will probably look to get information? The internet! So both will benefit as a result, not just the NBL.
    I just wish the ABA had a three moto system, as opposed to a transfer system.

bmxlegend

i wish you didnt have to make 90k a year to race a few nationals.. haha

LeadSled1

The NBL rakes in plenty of money. Do not let the not for profit fool you. It just means the books have to be clear at the end of the year, I.E. all the money has to go out the door (payroll) and there can be none left at the end of the year in the account or it shows they made a profit.

I think they have a new Windows based software app as the past two nationals have had the results up on Monday morning. I just do not think it has been distributed yet.

ABA guys are great people (Although I like busting their balls here and there 😆 ).

Clayton was running the registration at the NC national last year and I spoke to him for a bit. Nice guy. Enjoyed talking to the ABA folk at Rockford also last year.

This is their job, the way they support their families and pay the bills.

The NBL relies on volunteers at the nationals yet the ABA staffs the nationals with trained professionals. But they both cost the same to race.

The ABA has the big racing rig and the NBL has the 5th wheel trailer.

The NBL has more riders at its Grands than the ABA does.

Not faulting anyone, they just have different ways of doing things.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.