Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ BMX Racers Forum Keeping the tracks open during nationals

• This topic has 3 voices and 1 reply.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    BIGANT-DOG

I have talked to vinny and scotty about this. It kinda bites when tracks are closed because of a national 2 or 3 states away. So I proposed the Idea of running practice if we can’t run a race. I myself do not do alot of nationals, and If I am around on a sunday would run a practice. Vinny has given me “his blessing” to do this. I hope to sit down with him so he can show me what needs to be done.

My question is for those of you not going to a national, would you come to practice. I hope this idea spreads to EHT and HCBMX. I know that there are plenty of qulaified people who could and want to do this.

Btw I would gladly do this at HCBMX also. Because when it comes down to it we all want to ride.

bmxmom156

another idea during the practice maybe you can get one of the “local pros” to do an hr or so clinic if there is the need… im sure if you make it reasonable you would get a crowd.( like $5) the kids really appreciate it, not everyone does all the nationals… ea track that stays open for gate practice can enlist their own “pro” or older rider to do the clinic…

CrazyCraig

One of the most fun races I did this year was when Flemington ran the double race during the Grands weekend. It was alot of fun, with alot of good natured trash talkin.

Its all about building a strong volunteer base and letting it be known at the beginning of the year that this is the goal – keep the track open and ready to race during Nats.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.