Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ Racing old K-Mart – you got your wish!

• This topic has 6 voices and 18 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    CrazyCraig

Kenny –

This past weekend saw the return of Wog to the track on both a 20 and a cruiser. He only raced Saturday and I must say he looked good in practice. But – being his first race back it was understandable that by the end of the day he was huffin and puffin somewhat.

Now the part I know you’ll enjoy Kenny – me and Pete were in the same moto for 35+ Novice and we both made the main. Cool, huh?

We had two gates in Cruiser and he made the main there as well. We were in different motos for that one.

Pete was snappin out of the gate great in practice but came unglued from his pedals a few times. I know once he gets his lungs & legs back 35 Nov is gonna rock even more than it does now!

So there you have it Kenny – me & Pete raced each other 4 times on Saturday and no one got hurt!!

Kmart

Glad it went well. So what is the score, who beat who?

Pete,
    “Unglued from the pedals”, used to your MTB clipless???? I remember a few years ago my first jump not clipped it……….it was a sweet no footer!

Craig,
    What is this about crashing into an RV?????

Wish I was back east to mix it up with you guys.

Kmart

CrazyCraig

On Saturday Pete came in 5th in the cruiser main – but technically 4th since the main was won by Farside (40-44).

In 35+ Novice action, I think Pete went 3-2-3 and 4th or 5th in the main. I went 2-4-1 and won the main. The “4” was when I hit the RV. If you read through a couple of threads about the weekend you’l get the whole story. But yeah, I won the main, can you believe it?

We miss ya bro, come on back and visit!

dunrite9

I think I did OK for my first time back. 🙂
    I spent a lot of time practicing on Saturday morning, Now that I look back
    on it. I should of quit while I was ahead. I was getting good gate starts and
    was even jumping the first straight step up and than clearing the double going into
    the first turn.
    I can’t wait to go back to CJ!!!
    I got the (not so)new Haro 20 that matches my cruiser yesterday, just need a Euro BB.

Craig
    When I get my lungs and Legs back, is when I go EX.

I was 3-2-4-5, 35 N 😳 and 5-3-2-4, Cruiser

CrazyCraig

I’ll give ya that Pete – you were jumping better than I was that day – although I felt I had the triple/double-step (whatever you want to call it) dialed in pretty good except for the second moto.

The first straight step-up is where I had my bad fall and cracked a rib so I guess I’m still a little gun-shy over that one, although I shouldn’t be – I just need to go down there on a Friday and practice. Same goes for the monster double into the first turn. I was definitely hitting it with enough speed on Saturday. I was popping off the lip, trying to hold the bike down and landing right in front of the next lip which popped the bike up again and I was actually jumping down the back side. If I was going any faster, I would have been running into the second bump and flipping. I’ll be jumping it soon.

No joke – Pete’s back – and he’s for real. I think I’ll be switching to Mountain Bike racing soon. 😀

Pete – you did more than OK. Just stay on those pedals. 😀

bmiddaugh

Click Click…Nobodies going back to mountain biking this time… 😆

CrazyCraig

Ooops.

Don’t worry Brett, I aint going no where. But, Pete’s been practicing more than me – I gotta get out there on the bike other than just race day!

Pete was always “quicker” than me back in the day. I won my share of races by just being the bigger guy sometimes. If I could holeshot the start I was hard to pass. Thats how I did well on cruiser – I had an awesome power snap and great 3rd & 4th pedals back in 84-85, not unlike Farside today. Still – my best year was 1989 – that’s when I felt my smoothest and fastest – it would have been interesting to see me & Pete race each other in our primes.

I tweaked my knee at EHT two weeks ago – and I tweaked it some more with my RV slam – so I might have to take it easy – we’ll see how I feel by the 3rd at EHT. Still – give Pete and me some time – you’ll see us in Ex soon enough! (only 18 move-up points to go for me)

Pete, you looked pretty good from my point of view…wait a minute, thats not what I meant 😯 Pretty fast? I see enough of your backside on this site, you old school racers are starting to pee me off!!! Don’t worry though, I am learning this race thing and one of these days…just watch yourself pal!
    Its great to be able to race with and learn from you guys. Wish I would have been there BITD!
    Loren

dunrite9

Thanks Loren
    Nice of you to notice!! Pretty soon I’ll be able to take down the “WIDE LOAD” and put up the “WOG” 😆

dunrite9

you’ll see us in Ex soon enough! (only 18 move-up points to go for me)

(only 18 move-up pounds to go for me) minus 30 to date

and as for coming unglued, i’m trying the clipless next week on the 20, I notice myself adjusting my feet before I hit the first jumps.

Kmart

Pete,

Bold move announcing you will go clipless on this site!!!! You may be burned at the stake……..Heretic!

Let me know what you think, as a low life mountain biker most of the time I feel more comfortable clipped in. I’ve been riding my jump bike on platforms and it is coming back to me slowly. ………not sure which way to go on the BMX bike….

30 Lbs so far??? In how long?

Kmart

CrazyCraig

[quote=”dunrite9 (only 18 move-up pounds to go for me) minus 30 to date

and as for coming unglued, i’m trying the clipless next week on the 20, I notice myself adjusting my feet before I hit the first jumps.[/quote]

I’m down 20 pounds and two notches up on the belt – so I’m feeling good – but Pete is defintely training harder than me – I gotta get on on it! I figure I’m 25 pounds away from moving up.

But – clipping in!?!?!? You maniac!!

After the way I twisted my knee – it will be longer before I clip in – I hope by then they ban clips (yeah, right).

CrazyCraig

@guinnessextreme wrote:

Don’t worry though, I am learning this race thing and one of these days…just watch yourself pal!
    Its great to be able to race with and learn from you guys. Wish I would have been there BITD!
    Loren

Loren – I know there is no “quit” in you – and that’s important – you got by me in the last straight on Sunday – I’ll be looking for you there next time!

Man – 35+ is gonna get nuts!

bmiddaugh

Remember guys at our age it’s more than just being out there racing…
    We gotta be the guys who get sh*t going.
    Tracks, teams, etc…
    Ask Myers, Cerullo, Gleason, Fran up at Clifton…how old were you when you started getting all that BMX stuff going….
    Mid-30’s fellas..We have traditions to uphold…
    Ha, I don’t have to do squat ’cause I’m over 40!..lol

dunrite9

Kenny
    I think it’s been about 30lbs in three months.
    I’m not going to race on the clipless, i’m going tp practice on them to see how they feel.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.