Homepage Forums Anything But Riding… General B.S. Just wanted to gloat. I bought a DG

• This topic has 3 voices and 2 replies.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

For some strange reason I never owned a DG back in the day (Or Thruster or Sting or…)
    Well someone I know thru work sold me one. Full thread in vintage.
    Im so amped to finally get an old school bike. Im gonna tear it down to scratch and do a complete rebuild. Replace many of the survior parts with identical NOS parts if I can find them and refinish everything.

Maybe the best part is it may have belonged to a Pro. The guy who sold it to me said it did, but couldnt remember his name. Im gonna keep digging and see if I can come up with more on that. His son whom he bought it for still lives in the area so I may be able to find out.

Understand I dont live far from the old DG factory. Its within riding distance.

I would have taken it for a spin, but the one crank arm hits the chain stay. It has a Euro BB (Its a Pro frame) and Ive never used a euro before or know how to adjust it. After I take pics bike will torn down and every single part refurbished or replaced.

BrianP

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

another fan of the old school…..

Caveman

Did it have an R engraved on the bottom?

No , strange u ask, it did have RF.

Ok today I got new batteries and took pics. Here is the link to the Vintage thread to see them.
    http://www.vintagebmx.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=026287#000014

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.