Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ Racing old jeapordy

• This topic has 8 voices and 7 replies.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    miken1973

There was a question about BMX on jeapordy tonight. it was in refernce to the 2008 olympics. Just some useless info to share

rideodybmx

what did it have 2 do w/ bmx??

Caveman

Contestant: I’ll take Olympics for 400.

Alex Trebek: Answer, the time BMX will be broadcast during the 2008 Olympics

Contestant: What is 2am on a Tuesday?

LeadSled1

Correct answer:

Contestant: What is 2am on a Tuesday 2010?

bmiddaugh

LMAO!
    F- the Olympics.
    I hear next year some moron is actually going to attempt to do a 4 episode series on the NJ state championship races.
    knuckleheads are everywhere… 😉
    But you can find a lot of them on local access cable tv.

1adam12

un-freestyle is what the event in the olympics would be…………….generic runs to 80’s synth music like gymnastics………….anyone that doesnt like my negative vibe can f

u

c

k

o

f

f

RaidenHayden

Geez that will be a hard descision, infomercail or BMX on the Oylmpics.
    Ok Girls gon Wild WINS!!!!!!!!! Sorry BMX 😈

Caveman

I wouldn’t say F the Olympics. “If” they broadcast BMX during primetime it could generate interest. That’s basically what everybody is hoping for. Millions of people that don’t even know the word BMX would see it for the first time. If millions of people saw BMX as part of the Olympics they might think BMX is an international sport to be taken seriously. Not just an “extreme” sport with just a small cult-like following.

But that’s just it. I don’t think it will be shown primetime. It’ll be buried at 2am on a Tuesday night and very few people will see it.

What’s wrong with putting the NJ series on TV? That would be a good thing. I’ve envisioned that. I’ve seen some dumb-ass, boring high school sports on cable access and thought, if this stuff can be on, BMX definitely can!

bmxgirlmom

Dave: My sentiments exactly. If they can prime-time curling, ping pong and trampoline, why not BMX. And I do believe it will generate interest, look at the US Speed Skater who saw it on the Olympics 4 years ago and said hey I can do that. He won several medals.

I think the State Series on cable would be great too. So many of the kids live so far from a track that they don’t know what BMX is. If they saw it and knew it was right here in NJ, they would want to try it.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.