Homepage Forums Grassroots BMX Ideas, Innovations J.O.R.B.A. & NJBMX

• This topic has 5 voices and 11 replies.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    BIGANT-DOG

I was reading the paper and saw an article about JERSEY OFF ROAD BIKE ASSOC. And I got to thinking. Thy got a 45,000 dollar grant from new jersey. It would seem they have their stuff together. In reality we are both after the same thing. We both ride bikes.

Anyway would it hurt to talk to these guys? A possible merger maybe, or get some ideas? I am not an official board member, so i wanted some feedback on this. Oh the president is Jay Jones. It might be the same jay jones that used to ride flatland.

again this is just an idea, but an idea that could benefit us.

http://www.jorba.org/

loudogg666

why don;t you talk to them antdog?

BIGANT-DOG

wanted to know what people think lou. I am not an offical board member and wait a minute………. Lou I love you man. I wanted to and you know what i think I will.

bmiddaugh

Why not try to find people who will give us 45,000 dollar grants?
    JORBA has different goals.

s4lnj

i’ve finally seen a web site as bad as njbmx.org!!!

they couldn’t build a better site with 45grand?

i agree with brett. those guys don’t seem like they would be on the same page as bmxr’s. just my opinion.

loudogg666

but seriosuly.
    is money really an issue in bmx?
    isn’t it supposed to be about fun?

BIGANT-DOG

JORBA has different goals.

they got them from the govt. I want to know how they convinced them. And when yuo think about it, their goals may be different, but both of us are on the same path. We both want places to ride. And lou it is about fun, but you need money to build to create the fun.

BIGANT-DOG

I dont have 20 bucks to sign up with, I am gonna try and email when I get home tonight. Sometimes thinking outside the realm of bmx could help it grow. We all try our best, but sometimes you need a little help.

rodney

Its NOT the same Jay!!!!

BIGANT-DOG

thannx rod

loudogg666

you don’t really need money.
    i know that dude sean burns holds contest with just random objects.

bmiddaugh

It’s very simple to apply for grant money but first you need to have a 501c3 to use it….
    unless someone has already donated money to you for a purpose, at which point you want to start up a 501c3 so you don’t lose a large percentage to taxes.

loudogg666

501c3 sounds like a dirtbike.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.