Homepage Forums Anything But Riding… General B.S. It’s not china’s fault…

• This topic has 6 voices and 14 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    bmiddaugh

that we want to pay labor 3 cents an hour.
    We could make toys, food, cars, clothes, …etc here.
    But then you would have to pay people who do those jobs, living wages and we have determined over time that if you do those sort of jobs you do not deserve to be paid enough to survive.

At least that is my POV.

rodney

then barbie dolls cost 1000 dollars and still get recalled

adamguild

Plain and simple…..No production jobs = high unemployment in America…… Greedy Corporations need to cut salaries of their Board Members and concentrate more on creating jobs for America….Just think what will happen when China decides they dont like us anymore……

4130forlife

china likes us?

adamguild

@4130forlife wrote:

china likes us?

I guess you dont read labels on items you buy……

4130forlife

not at all

but i do peal the labels off all the haro bikes in my shop that say made in china, haha

rodney

China is great cause we made it that way by purchasing there products . if we really did not want there stuff… WELL .. supply and demand ..kind of like the people that complain about walmart but go all the time .America would be crazy different if we did not import from China. Do the kids that work at foreign shops peel of made in USA stickers off ? doubt it!!! you ever see what they are willing to pay for an american made bike ….W O W

bmxmom156

supply….demand that is the key i agree with rod.

my husb used to make me buy american all the timewhen we first got married, i didnt really understand why and it was a pia looking… now i cant find any jeans with usa label on it. he wears jeans to work sometimes( construction) and always made me get him LEE JEANS as they were the only ones made in usa. no longer. its getting harder and harder to find.

when we went to michigan race this past june it was pathetic to see the car plants empty and weeds growing up thru the parking lots.. all that land/ factories vacant or not used 100%… i guess thats the way of the future.

he always told me he was doing his part no matter how small we never shopped in wallmart/ kmart for that reason. no prevailing wage.,…hell no wage at all and certainly no benefits etc…

when we were in canada for the worlds he would speak to ppl and see what their benefits were.. i was under the impression that socialized medicine meant everyone in canada had health coverage.. NOT. i can pay $12 for a dennys breakfast and the guy serving me still has no health coverage. who is pocketing the$$$?

they dont even have the safety programs we do in construction jobs. we spoke to somene at the worlds who was involved in asbestos removal…well guess what no training and no hazmat decon chambers…nothing… yea they rip open the walls/whatever and take this crap home with them on thier shirts(no decon suits) to their kids and families… that is pathetic and no one cares… no OSHA no nothing. and the supervisor makes them sign a daily paper saying they did everyhting accd to safety standards so they cant sue in the future when they get lung cancer.oh my husb had a field day with that one…

speak to him about it he is on the exec board of his union and knows more about trying to get builders to pay minimum benefits( no less good benefits) for thier workers…there is no excuse for anyone not to have health coverage in this country that is pathetic…

its not just china/ mexico/ canada…. goes on and on..because we have standards here in usa…standards cost and if the ceo cant have that mercedes well then…get the materials in china

yea ihad 2 cups of coffee… haha

rodney

WELCOME TO THE NEW AMERICA !!!!!

adamguild

New America will topple like the Roman Empire

rodney

pussifacation of america !!!!( as goerge Carlin would say ) ….. steady ruining what was once good

adamguild

Are Americans that dumb that we want to buy. Lead painted toys,poison pet food what the hell is next? We dont need their crap and we dont need their “cat and dog meat ” take out either…

Ban Walmart across the USA……

rodney

I believe its not as much dumb as it is LAZY and its not just walmart but for sure I good place to start

4130forlife

start with haro, giant, mongoose, next, felt, fly, formula, diamond back, gt, intense, the list goes oooooon

s4lnj

good luck getting rid of thier autos

i drive american (most parts assembled in mexico though)

but asian imports are by far the best cars on the market. in fact, these days even some american cars are asian imports in disguise.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.