Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ BMX Racers Forum Ideas on helping grow NJ State series

• This topic has 20 voices and 44 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    moderator1

Ok, lets start with this topic. Lets get everyone’s ideas on how to grow the NJ state series. With a state meeting coming up, it would be nice to have people’s ideas on how to improve the state series.

tpbmxtd

Maybe make the qualifying rounds worth less points and the championship worth more to make the racing at the championship race more exciting.

Also make the State flyer’s more appealing. Brighter colors and make it stand out more.

Lower the amount of qualifiers and locals needed to qualify for a state plate.

Allow riders to race the championship race even if they are not qualified. Not race in an open, but race in class, just do not point them.

I will post more……

rodney

All good ideas . This year will be great for all the riders young and old !!

bmxmomof2
    tpbmxtd wrote:
    Also make the State flyer’s more appealing. Brighter colors and make it stand out more.

[/quote

You don’t need bright colors to be appealing. Just change the flyers and make the content more bold like it wants to be read and not thrown away. Make it exciting!!!

Also, I know that other states offer the state championship FREE of charge if the rider races all of the qualifiers. This may entice more to race more qualifiers.

MAKE EVERY QUALIFIER AN EVENT. If this can’t be done by the tracks, then maybe there should be a select committe (representatives from each track) to plan and schedule the qualifiers. Not having tracks compete against each other. Therefore all tracks will be hosting a NJ State qualifier and not a “Track Name” NJ Qualifier. Regardless of where it is held, it is a NJ Qualifier and all should be of equal caliber.

Just some thoughts and suggestions.
    💡 💡 💡 💡 💡 💡 💡 💡 💡 💡

sickryder83

As much as i didn’t like the fact that i needed 10 locals to race the championship, i understand why they made it that way. Many racers compete in larger races (nationals) than locals , to a lot of these people racing locals is pointless. If they lowered the amount of locals needed to qualify people would race less at the tracks. This means less money coming into the tracks. Yes you can argue that as a result to there being 10 locals needed less people raced the championship, but more people raced at locals to try to get the amount needed. So as far as NJ bmx was concerned, this rule is a good thing.

bmxmomof2

and……………….
    maybe have a select group of volunteers (again representatives from ALL tracks) be regulars at all State Qualifiers. Then all events will be the same with all benefits and equipment being used equally. This all can be done with a little planning and volunteer commitment.

bmxmomof2

Is there a person, who is willing to take all of these ideas, good or bad, and present them at the next meeting?

We can talk and talk, but if the ideas never leave this sight, what good is it?

bmiddaugh

Since I am running for state secretary, I will take the ideas in the written form of proposals to the next state meeting as long as it does not interfere with my schedule to be VOTED on.
    I would also recommed all people who back these ideas make every effort to attend any state meeting that is scheduled.
    Brett

bmxmomof2

Is there any idea when the next meeting is??? I will be happy to attend and support the new innovations!!!!

bmiddaugh

I would only add to sickryders idea that the 10 locals are important to the tracks, then I believe that the nbl should mandate 5-10 local races be mandatory for qualification to the nbl grands.
    It’s my personal belief that propagating new riders should be dependant upon each individual track.

bmxmom156

i agree the 10 locals are alot to get in when the tracks are closed for the nationals. but i also agree with jimmy that the purpose of 10 locals is also to keep the experienced riders racing locally which benefits all the riders…once an older expert goes to locals and finds no one his age there racing he may think why should i go?? theres no one to race. so i like to see the older guys keep racing locals (even if its an open or pit bike or whatever race)

lets try whatever we can to grow the local scene. i must admit getting the 10 locals in was really hard and dan had to actually do a pre race ( at pottstown) first time in 5 yrs to get an extra local in but then again at the championship there were what only 3 in his class who qualified??

let everyone race the championship in class. esp the younger guys. seeing the 5 and unders standing around at flemington watching was not good. lets try to make sure everyone can race regardless whatever rules need to be made.

agree with making the championship worth more points just like the hyper pro am final was. great idea!!

tpbmxtd

@bmiddaugh wrote:

It’s my personal belief that propagating new riders should be dependant upon each individual track.

You are right Sir, the tracks have to also step up and try and bring in local riders.

bmxmom156

maybe have the state meeting schedule written somewhere on the new njbmx website? maybe even with the proposed ajenda so if anyone has info to bring up they can be prepared and make it more informative? even if its just a month and TBA so we know to look for a meeting coming up

does anyone know when the next meeting is?

bmiddaugh

Currently the new NJBMX Inc. site will not be up and running till Jan 2008. I have not heard from Lee yet on what is going on with the site but will update when I get info.

bmxmom1001

Let’s try to create a friendly and inviting atmosphere. First impressions are the key.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 46 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.