Homepage Forums Anything But Riding… General B.S. ice money in ride

• This topic has 9 voices and 35 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    4130forlife

i take offence to the comment about ride magazine sucking.. some of my VERY good friends work for ride.. so step off

BIGANT-DOG

Dude the mag went downhill a long tome ago. BMXworld is the main mag now.

4130forlife

bmxworld is just a stupid magazine with pics of dr and kb.. its crap.. all photos of pro’s.. what about the am’s…

ride has pics of pros and ams…

BIGANT-DOG

Name one BMX RACE ride has coverd this year. I could be wrong but to me that mag is a lifestyle mag now. NOt a BMX mag.

4130forlife

its NOT a race magazine.. its a street/freestyle magazine
    transwaorld bmx /snap was a race magazine by the same publisher.. that magazine did NOT have enough subscribers to survive because NOBODY wants to read/see people racing bmx bikes

BIGANT-DOG

have enough subscribers to survive because NOBODY wants to read/see people racing bmx bikes

So dave why do you race? Dave you are my buddy to the end of time.

BIGANT-DOG

But if it is ride bmx they should have racing in it also. I mean they used to.

4130forlife

ride NEVER covered racing.. its not their thing.. they are a street/freestyle magazine

rodney

w ow do people argue over the way cosmo or people mag lay out their zine like you guys and f ice!! has spread his bs for so long he believes it .. the future rick thorne LOSER hollwood superstar fake fony fraud

suthnjflat

Ha ha i think ice is a little bit worse than rick thorne, but thorne does have him beat on the tattoos.

bmiddaugh

maybe if Ride got back out of the umbrella of a “transworld” magazine it might get better.
    The photography is off the hook, but I gotta say the mag needs a little something more.
    Ha,
    I know what it is, Ride needs a little BMXW and BMXW needs a little ride…
    Ride sticks to the “I’m 16-22 and a partyer don’t wanna get a job BMXer image thing”.
    I’d prefer a larger cross section of BMX repped.

s4lnj

i see what brett means– the uk ride is much….. “smarter” for lack of a better term. the writing is much better, when they cover a road trip, you get more than just who fell where and who threw up. you can actually get a feel if that was somewhere you may want to take your bike to one day. to bad most places are over the pond and most of us will never get the chance.

as far as racing– everyso often they print letters asking for race coverage and they say that as much as they respect the work that goes into racing, it’s just not thier thing.

rodney

they even put a clip of ice in the Scotty first hand on the fuel channel WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rodney

DIG is a great zine Brian Tunney is the man over there …check it out !!!!

4130forlife

yeah that was ridiculous, but the first hand was awesome

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.