Homepage Forums Anything But Riding… General B.S. i saw the caveman

• This topic has 8 voices and 14 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    s4lnj

roadie– coming up 322 back towards sicklerville– was in a rush or i wOuld have stopped and broke his flow

CWCCRIDER

every time I see them roadies I slow down to see if its Dave

tommydone

i SAW HIM TEARING DOWN ONE OF THOSE GEICO POSTERS.SEEMS RIDING A ROAD BIKE IS SO EASY A CAVEMAN CAN DO IT.

Caveman

That must have been the day I rode down to Folsom and back. That’s my new loop and it takes me past Leapin Lenny’s house too. Too bad you didn’t pass me when I was in Folsom because I got a flat. There’s another loop I ride with some buddies that takes us past Mullica Hill. I have to salute every time I pass.

Chris, I’m easy to recognize. I’m the ONLY roadie you’ll see that doesn’t wear a helmet. Every roadie thinks those little egg crates they call helmets are gonna save them. They protect nothing. If you really want to be protected you need a full face and since that’s not practical for road riding I don’t wear anything. They wear tiny little spandex t-shirts and shorts and they think a piece of foam that covers the crown of their head is what they need to protect them. Besides, we’re riding on flat ground. If there aren’t six foot high jumps and seven other guys trying to kill you, who needs a helmet? I’m in the minority on that opinion but I don’t care. I’ve got 21 years experience in falling off bikes so I know a little bit about it.

bmiddaugh

I’ve got 21 years experience in falling off bikes so I know a little bit about it.

Come on now Dave, all combined I would say it’s only 5-10 years of experience falling, the rest you were up and pedaling around…. 😆

All pile on Dave!!

tommydone

oh no Dave is correct he has been falling for 21 years I can attest to that.caused him to fall a couple times myself,and loved every time.have fun with your road bike,get that out of your system we need you on a bmx track.It will give me some time to hone my skills again,I want you up on the gate next to me at a national just like old times(can everyone tell I cant let go of my youth).

CWCCRIDER

get in line tommy’s done get in line !!!!

4130forlife

see .. dave k doesnt even use a helmet on a road bike.. thats awesome…

open face for life on a little kids bike.. hella

RaidenHayden

I’m with Dave on that, and alot of roadies won’t let you go on their group rides if you don’t wear them, or for that fact any of the charity rides, you cannot do them unless you wear a helmet. Never did as a road guy, never will.

Caveman

Tom I’ve got ABA papers from the 86, 87, and 88 Liberty Nationals and you’d really like the one because you beat me both days in 17i. I meant to scan that stuff because there’s some names from the past in there that would make people here fall over. I should come back just to take you out. I don’t think I ever returned the favor. I probably tried but just bounced off you.

Road riding has it’s share of whack jobs just like BMX and I thought, hmm, maybe road riding is no better than BMX and I should go back. Then I remembered my shoulder is feeling better day by day.

I do group rides and I’ve got my little egg crate but when I’m by myself I don’t bother. One guy I know fell on a group ride and lost his four front teeth. His little egg crate didn’t do squat sitting on top of his head. But they swear by them!

RaidenHayden

Egg crate wouldn’t help me much, most of my eggs are scrambled

s4lnj

you guys should rock those cool little frenchie style hats they used to wear with the brim flipped up– almost like a welders hat, but lighter material.

RaidenHayden

Got bunches of them!!!!!

rider1

I rode with Dave a few weeks ago, and yes he did have a helmet on. For the record the Caveman is getting fit!!!! I had to put the power down and I could not shake him off. On a side note I raced the New Jersry state track champinships and I got 3rd in the match sprint. I had to pull out some bmx tricks in the quarter finals and made it to the semi. I will say it again every bmxer needs to race match sprint. Oh yea, it is because of bmx that I have the skills to race the track.

Rich

4130forlife

yeah rich.. you have bmx in your blood.. bmx for life.. man i cant wait to see you back on a bmx bike again.. it will happen

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.