Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ Racing old Hi-tech training tool

• This topic has 9 voices and 8 replies.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    RFarside

They are finally out. The new Shimano DXR cranks equipped with SRM. If you look behind the seatpost you will see the data box that will store all the info. This will be the new hi-tech training tool.

4130forlife

clip, carbon, digital.. bmx is the anti christ

RaidenHayden

Rich, what is it? Is it like the power trap set up for road bikes, you know gives you wattage output and stuff like that

bmxmom1001

I thought it was called a transponder? It’s what they use in the UCI races to check time and finishes instead of using actually scorers right?

RaidenHayden

Hmmm, I know the UCI, uses those on road bikes, for races, but it is smaller.

s4lnj

i’m not 100% sure but i think it measures power out put and stuff like that — rpm, speed ect.

pricey i imagine– i’ll stick with my 20$ speedometer for now– once i win the hyper series next year then i’ll upgrade.

BIGANT-DOG

Normally i “would say why the hell do you need it” But looking at how far the sport has progressed. This does not surprise me. And it seems beneficial. Kinda like a data recorder on a top fuel dragster.

TenaciousD

Not a transponder like in NASCAR…although, i think that would be a great idea for BMX

Here is more info on what Rich is talking about.

http://www.bmxtraining.com/trainingday/08304187-33C2-45AD-9564-FFC3E1820631.html

kevh

Transponder is on the fork generally at the UCI races.

I wondering if this thing lead to Randy’s crash and broken shoulder….. hmm?

CWCCRIDER

Hey is that BMX legend ???

@RFarside wrote:

They are finally out. The new Shimano DXR cranks equipped with SRM. If you look behind the seatpost you will see the data box that will store all the info. This will be the new hi-tech training tool.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.