Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ Racing old Hey teach, I have a question…

• This topic has 11 voices and 44 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    bmiddaugh

At an nbl state race you have to race class in order to race open.
    But at an nbl state championship you can only race open if you aren’t qualified for class….
    So..
    what’s the deal?

s4lnj

they don’t want spoilers for the guys that put in the time to hit the req. # of races– but they also still want your money

bmxmom156

brett i asked about this exact question this past weekend at howell…

at any nbl race you are required to race class to race a money open …no matter if its local, state, regional or national.

the key word being money open. if you look at the grands registratoin there is 16 over money open and also “amature open” which is no money open.

i was told that the pro am series was just that …a series with a points total and required amt of races. for those who didnt do the required amt of races in class in order to race the $ open there will be the “amature open” class for them to race. just what i was told.

this is what ct does with their” warrior open series “which is very successful. check out the finishes/ points totals at http://www.foothillsbmx.com they have over 20 ppl who do some of the races at some point in the season but only 10 did the required amt and raced the championship for the $$ in the end.

4130forlife

i dont even know if i have enough races to race the state champoinship.. where are those points posted

bmxmom156

dave go to the nj forum

http://www.njbmx.org/forum/index.php

then go to the top one says state series

then go down to ‘state series standings thru 7/11’ im sure they will have howells added in and up fairly soon. nancy already has the team standings updated as of today.

i dont know why i cant find it on the nj bmx website, but this is where i go to see when its updated . janeen puts it there i guess its easier having the state results all in one place.

4130forlife

i was sure i had raced 10 races already..guess i havent.. but im real sure i have

BIGANT-DOG

Dave at least you race that is what counts.

4130forlife

but now that im hurt.. id like to know how many races i have in, so i can plan out what i have to do to get the stupid state number

bmxmom156

look on each track websites schedule just glancing i can see at least 4-5 races left for ea track betw now and oct. eht even has a double race this thurs ifyou want to do a 2 for 1 race night.(their last thurs night race) flem this sat, they have at least 3-4 im sure pottstown website has thiers up too… cj has 4 races left as well… there is no excuse for not getting them in theres still time left.

if your knee is still not up to racing just roll the gate to get the race in.. this yr they made the championship in oct to help folks out with getting locals in im sure it was a lot easier so hopefully they keep it that way. just do the last qual in eht in sept to be sure.

dave how many qualifiers have you done so far?

4130forlife

3 i think, eht, triology and flemington

bmiddaugh

It’s all clearly posted on another site what the rules are.

bmxmom156

you only need 3 state quals and 10 locals. if you have more than 3 state qualifiers you can always use 1 as a local you can also use a bob warnicke race as a local too.

look on the njbmxforum site all the way to the bottom is the “state series requirements” list

bmiddaugh

if you have more than 3 state qualifiers you can always use 1 as a local you can also use a bob warnicke race as a local too.

…then again my whole statement about “clear” may have been misspoken…
    LOL

bmxmom1001

I personally think they should just go back to having 4-6 state qualifiers to race then the championship to race. Get a numberplate, jacket and banquet. Plain and simple. They always say don’t fix it if it ain’t broke. Well 15 years ago it wasn’t broke so why did someone try to “fix it”? At least then no one had to say, “oh I don’t know how many races I have left to race.” or I don’t understand the rules. This open thing with you have to race class to race open. That is just stupid. The state is taking your money that’s all. But the questions is where is the moneygoing exactly?

BIGANT-DOG

um will you come to the next brawl. oops i mean meeting?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 46 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.