Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ Racing old Help for Video

• This topic has 4 voices and 11 replies.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    bmiddaugh

I will be working on a BMX racing promotional video over the next few months. If anyone has any good CJ racing footage, new, mid or old school, I’d love to use it. Newspaper clippings and photos are also welcome.
    Certain riders and important contributors will be interviewed. We hope to get this vid out to get some good promo going.
    This will go beyond what the NBL or ABA can provide, this will showcase what it’s really all about from conception 25 years ago to the new riders just coming in, up to our National class baddies like Phil.

bmxmom156

brett-

i have the 1995 state championship race for the 5 and under rookie action!! back when cjbmx had flags going all around the staring hill and sponsors/ team posters decorated the track. this is back when they had a decision maker before the 3rd turn and the corner marshal used to have to put cones there to prevent anyone under 7 from going up the “big tabletop.what as big back then is considered a roller now…haha i cant remember the announcers name but he was the track director back then… anyone remember?

let me know if you need it- its on vhs though no digital back then…

deb

bmiddaugh

Sounds good, I can transfer it over to digital. Thanks!

bmxmom156

its pretty funny that 11 yrs later the 6-7 yr olds are jumping and clearing tabletops that size… go figure!

bmxlegend

wow 11 years ago.. i was young.. lol

LeadSled1

Hey Homer, I just got a paper grociery bag full of old race coverage videos from the mid to late 80s dropped off at my house. It would need to be captured.

bmiddaugh

I NEED video from the 80’s and 90’s of CJ.
    I can do the video conversion, I just need the tapes.
    This is going to be CJ oriented, so I really just need tapes from races there.
    I need to put together about 5-7 minutes of GOOD footage from that time. I’ll be having short interviews with the Gleasons, Cranmer and Vinnie, as well as the riders who made the track.
    If I can get a good enough response here with this little vid, I’m hoping next year we can push forward with a full on NJ BMX show. I figure 4 episodes 20- 25 mins showcasing our older top expert riders and the lifestyle of BMX riders. After I get this promo done, I think the format will fall together easier.

LeadSled1

I have a buttload of EHT video, but no Howell stuff that I can remember.

bmxmom156

will you be at the state race this sat at eht? i may bring dan down it depends on whether the doc says he can race or not. if not i can mail it to you and you can go thru it and see what you want to use. its vhs like i said and you will have to edit all the screaming moms out…haha ( 5 and under rookie back then was a viscious class…haha)

bmiddaugh

yep, I’ll be there.
    Love to use the footage and it won’t be a problem editing or transferring.. 😉

bmiddaugh

I’m also looking for old school cj pictures.

bmxmom156

brett- we wont be down on sat – just found out dan has to have knee surgery the end of this week. if you pm me your address i will mail you the video so you can see if there is anything you can use-

deb

bmxmom156

i thnk i have insane wayne doing a backflip on one of my videos… have to see where it is….used to be a weekly event back when he raced…

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.