Homepage Forums Anything But Riding… Introduce Yo’ Self Hello from NorthEast NJ

• This topic has 7 voices and 16 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    TheDirector

I grew up with BMX in the early 80s in Cedar Grove NJ. My friend and his Father had built a dirt track int heir backyard we practiced on. We rode every day. It was an amazing time. Cedar Grove Cycle, Caldwell Cycle, Clifton Speed Center were our meccas. Then there was the 5th Dimension race Track…

Good times good times.

I sold my Thurster Tri-Pod in 2005. I have regretted it ever since. I fixed up my 82 Super Goose so i could ride around on it. But now just recently I got an older FBM Angel of Death frame that is going to get wheels n stuff soon. Then I think I want a flatland bike and yeah if I can race again somewhere in a 30 over class I will build something around that white FBM Bitchn Camaro frame I want..

The guys at Vintage BMX rec I stop here. Now, I know I’m not the only one who wants to relive some of those times.

rodney

WELCOME to the home of crybabies, complainers and whinners… haha !!!!

TheDirector

@rodney wrote:

WELCOME to the home of crybabies, complainers and whinners… haha !!!!

Um thanks I think! That’s the oddest welcome I have gotten.

bmiddaugh

welcome to the home of the best NJ BMX shit talkers, lol.
    Rod is known for his sarcasm. —
    Check out the forums and say hi in the racing and old school racing sections, might even be some guys you remember…

s4lnj

welcome back!!

loudogg666

hahahaha, rodney.
    if you want a flatland frame, i’ve got two collecting dust right now.
    Wethepeople Pony
    Sick Child Badda Bling.

BrianP

welcome aboard…….

flatland can be fun, i still do the old non-rolling style along with some street…. there is alot going on in NJ with old school, stay tuned and get ready to have some fun…

btw, i work a few towns from you in clifton

bp

rodney

NICE !!! brian

loudogg666

that looks dope as hell.

Brad_Dalbec

Director,

I grew up in Nutley and raced all over. I’ve since moved to Fla. How long have you lived in Nutley?

Brad

rodney

Come visit me at High Gear Cylery !!not that far from ya …..not many good shops around !!

loudogg666

high gear is the only place i go for my parts and service.

TheDirector

@rodney wrote:

Come visit me at High Gear Cylery !!not that far from ya …..not many good shops around !!

I work in Warren I was just in the High Gear in Sterling. I will visit the millburn store when do youw ork?

rodney

I work in Stirling Im there everyday except Wednesday Im the service manager so Im always upstairs so come in and ask for me .We dont keep alot of stuff in stock ( for now) but I can get ANYTHING!!!!

rodney

Millburn had NO bmx !!! so dont bother .Sorry I missed you , anyone that comes in needs to ask for me they keep me locked up on the second floor .What was your first impression of the store ?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.