• This topic has 12 voices and 18 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    TideyFamily

Tonight Nikota proceeded to tell me that he no longer wants to ride/race his bike. He told me that he only did it for me and that he has no interest in the sport what so ever. I am heartbroken over this. When I was younger all I could think about was having a son to take racing like my grandfather did with me. Besides racing Nikota and I have nothing at all in common, this was our one common bond. I myself just got back into racing because I thought he was having fun and it would be something WE could do TOGETHER. This is not a whim decision, I guess he told my wife weeks ago but they were both to affraid that I would break down.

I am sorry for being all sappy with you guys.

🙁

4130forlife

man.. im sorry

RaidenHayden

Greg I feel for you, we don’t think our daugther is going to want ot do it either, she says she is into cheerleading. My wife thinks she will change once spring gets here. Good Luck, I feel for ya

BIGANT-DOG

It sucks but at least he was honest with you, and maybe he will change his mind.

Sorry to hear that Tidey. Sometimes you gotta let your kids pick their own interests. Colin is sort of the same way. He loves to ride his bike, but I don’t really think the racing thing is in him. I am sure if his brother and I didn’t do it, he wouldn’t. Good luck

adamguild

I feel ya(not literally)….My son has absolutely no interest in riding bikes at all ………..

bmiddaugh

Did ya ask him what he did like?
    Also, did ya ask him what it was about it that he wasn’t into?
    That might help…. 🙁

Like it or not, everyone’s kids are little adults.
    They aren’t kids, I mean did we think we were kids, when we were kids…?

Woa, I think I lost my train of something there…

rodney

Both my kids are into bikes maybe not as much as me but into it .My 3 year old will try to race this year for the first time and my 10 year old will be racing again also .

TideyFamily

Thanks for all of your comments. He just said he liked when I spent money on him and bought him new bike parts. He said he did it to make me happy but it wasn’t happy racing anymore. Thing is he was actually getting good. I mean he made his main all 3 days at the ABA Falls and was actually winning locals. I just know that him quiting is not going to hamper me and racing. I feel great, loosing wieght and having fun again. I just wish I had someone to have fun with. Thanks again guys.

bmiddaugh

maybe it’s just the comp thing.
    I think he is still down with the riding, but the racing thing can be a bit much at times.
    ah, yes, I remember the thrill of every new part I wrangled my parents into buying me!
    Keep having fun Greg, take the kid out build some small jumps and I think he’ll never stop being a BMXer. —

It all boils down to those little mounds of dirt and jumping.
    (dang and I was hoping you were gonna say he was into drawing and designing stuff! LOL, could use more design guys in BMX)

bmxmom156

oh sorry to hear that ..how old is he? how long is he racing?

i agree w/brett good advice to ask him what he likes about racing and what he dosnt… if he can make a list of good/ bad things it helps to iron out what is making him change his mind. if its the comp thing or if he is constantly in the back of the pack maybe focus onthe team thing instead of individ racing.. it can help if they are feelling like they suck( happens to everyone) then if they join a fun team ( not interested in team sheets/ points etc just the social end of it) it can change things..good luck

WE got into trail and dirt jumps to keep the family aspect of it. and there is never an argument. but……. come race days arghhh… I think its the comp for sure. And the fact that there friends in school arent racing and they want to hang out with them. Kids want there indapendance its a hard thing to deal with some of mine race some are the perfect canadates for the chess team (I hate chess) so I find things we can relate to so they still feel loved. Its A hard thing

RaidenHayden

Here Greg,she says she is into gymnastics now, but she still rides all over the place

4130forlife

i NEED to make really small bmx legend shirts.. and REALLY big ones, haha

RaidenHayden

Dude, if you could make one for a four year old that would rock

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.