Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ Racing old HCBMX Work day

• This topic has 8 voices and 19 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    RaidenHayden

Where HCBMX, Flemington
    When Sat at 10:00am
    Hopefully we will not need to be there Sunday

bmxlegend

billy.. good luck with that track..i wish i could help.. but i got no car..so im stuck in north jersey.. do me a favor there tho.. make something that i throw down on please

RaidenHayden

Thats the plan for the third straight n possibly the forth, The first table top, will really hopefully be a table top too!

matchsprint

If you are only going to fix one or two straight aways why bother? The track is in such bad shape nothing but a complete rebuild will do. Dont waste your time .If anything fix the turns first.

RaidenHayden

I guess the 20 moto’s of kids that come there than don’t matter! OK let’s jsut shut down

bmiddaugh

I have yet to ride HC, and I’ll be honest it’s because of quarry dust, but be that as it may.
    I think Bill would love to completely rebuild the track, who wouldn’t! New jumps, more fun..yeehaa!
    BUT, that requires, people, time and without some volunteers who will give them some heavy earth moving equipment, money.
    Bill is an ex-track builder for the ABA so I’m sure any changes will be for the better.
    Until we get the ridership back up so that volunteer counts go up it’s gonna be tough for us to get more done.
    At the same time, I would ask all track directors to be more receptive to the majority of the racers who do show up at the track.

You’ll know when BMX is dead, because I will be the last person on the planet and I’ll be getting lowered into the ground fully mounted on my PK freakin Ripper.

It looks to me like matchsprint has been JONESING to help and has been getting hit by the ignore button, that can be very discouraging.

RaidenHayden

At Eht, Matt was there he could have come over, he has our phone numbers, it’s not like you are unapproacable, however, when one speaks he must think first.

Anonymous

@matchsprint wrote:

If you are only going to fix one or two straight aways why bother? The track is in such bad shape nothing but a complete rebuild will do. Dont waste your time .If anything fix the turns first.

Dude Grow UP! Oops, Sorry I forgot “ITS YOUR WORLD” we live in.

Since it is in such bad shape I must also assume we will NEVER see you there trying to help fix anything.

I also do not expect you to ever be there during off hours practicing either.

My car has a flat tire and needs a paint job because someone scratched the door.
    Would you buy me a new one please!

A Maybach in blue would be nice! http://www.maybachusa.com/

Less Negitive more positive!
    Put UP or Shut Up!
    Actions Speak Louder then words!
    Talk is cheap!

As far as Quarry Dust goes unless YOU are willing to be at the track every Saturday Morning before sunrise to groom (so NO one can thank you for your efforts), Stop complaining!

And finally since so many think it is easy why aren’t there more tracks?

Build it and they will come!

You want your name up in lights! Build an indoor facility with air conditioning and track maintance will be cut to a minimum!

2.5 million and I will quit my job and have construction started asap.
    3.5 million and we will have HD video displays of all races as well as our own cable channel and interactive website.
    5.5 million and we will have a gym, pool and resturant.
    22.5 million and we will have 4 nationals a year as well as the Worlds, The Grand Nationals and a training camp with hotel.
    40.8 million for a nice hotel with valet parking.

The .5 / .8 is my salery.

If you want an airport let me know I will look into a good location but that will cost a little more. 1 billion sould get us started.

SHOW ME THE MONEY!

Let me know when to get started with this project!

CWCCRIDER

@bmiddaugh wrote:

You’ll know when BMX is dead, because I will be the last person on the planet and I’ll be getting lowered into the ground fully mounted on my PK freakin Ripper.

😆 😆 😆

I raced H.C. a couple times last year I thought it was a good track the quarry dust didn’t bother me !!!

bmiddaugh

Whew…
    Jeff’s first post and he rocks the house..
    I’d just like to reply to the quarry dust thing since that really is something I hear people complaining about.
    With enough people to use it properly it can be an effective tool to get the track up and running quickly, but in todays low rider count world, that of course doesn’t happen. So the dust gets thrown down and sorta piles up. From a racers point of view it makes the track slippery and a wee bit dangerous, now, no, I haven’t raced on it, but I have been riding long enough to know that putting small rocks on a hard surface lead to bad things. I’m hoping we can get ridership back up to where we don’t have to use quarry dust.
    Most riders do not like it, therefore maybe a thought about going with the majority and changing it might be an approachable idea. Flemington was one of the biggest tracks 23 years ago, we can get it there again.

The NBL and ABA is not being responsive to many of the riders ideas. Especially us older guys who have been there and done it for no reward whatsoever. I will not be surprised if in 5-10 years we actually do see a new sanctioning organization as Jeff suggested.

It is always easy to “throw stones” and talk “sh*t”, but I have to believe that getting new ideas out there and having an open mind will always work and the quote that Jeff pulled well, he’s right that’s just not a positive idea…

RaidenHayden

I knew Jeff, would point out why things are as they are, I just need to get his blood pressure meds to him now. I race there, and it is because of the people we have there. Like I said earlier, the seem to be about 20 motos of kids that enjoy themselves there, and that should be the important thing

bmiddaugh

lol,
    rock on…
    As of right now, I am inclined to pretty much agree 100% with whatever Bill has up his sleeve.

RaidenHayden

Jeff,
    Diane said if she wins 2.5 million in the pulishers clearing house thing YOU’RE HIRED

paulc

Bill,

What is the deal between you and matchsprint if any? In another post he/she indicates that they offered to help to the tune of 5gs. Why not take he/she up on it? Is there some history or something? I am not trying to stir up the pot. Just wondering?

Paul Carroll

RaidenHayden

He called a couple of time s and then that was it also some tax id stuff that isn’t his problem

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.