Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ BMX Racers Forum Good news and bad news

• This topic has 7 voices and 7 replies.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    AirportFF

As some of you know Matt made the 15ex main on Sunday in Lexington in only his third national in expert. He finished last but was still in the show 😀 That’s the good news.

Now for the bad. He crashed in practice on Friday night and hurt his knee. He said it wasn’t too bad and he could put his full weight on it within 10 minutes. The ambulance crew checked him over and found nothing visible.
    Today his knee gave out on him in school. And by the time he got home he couldn’t walk on it. The doc suspects a partially torn LCL. Not very common. And hopefully it won’t require surgery. He is scheduled for an MRI tomorrow to find out how bad it is. 😥

kevh

Good Luck,

BIGANT-DOG

he is gonna be alright clint. trust me. he is a tough kid.

4130forlife

my acl and mcl is torn..it sucks

bmiddaugh

One repaired acl, one cleaned out and missing.

A torn acl that is not completely tweaked should be able to be repaired by arthroscopy. Virtually painless.
    If there is no real swelling then it probably isn’t that bad.
    I always cringe when I see people straight leg land any jump..

Heal up brah.

RaidenHayden

Hope Matt gets better soon

AirportFF

Good news. The MRI showed no ligament damage. Just a bruise on the outside of his right knee. They told him to keep icing it over the weekend and we’ll have him back there on Monday for a re-eval.

BIGANT-DOG

glad to hear that

bmxmom156

when he says ice it he means ice it..not just once a day…dont mess with the knee make sure matt does exactly what he is supposed to…

a bone bruise is painful as hell if he has that and takes a while to heal but ice and anti inflamatorys around the clock will help tremendously…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.