Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ Racing old For the love of racing

• This topic has 3 voices and 2 replies.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    CrazyCraig

…because they definitely aint getting paid like they should

NBL/UCI Elite Series Champions
    Congratulations to Formula’s Donny Robinson and Fly/Supercross’s Krystal Hime
    The NBL/UCI Elite Series, which ran parallel to the UCI North American Continental Series, came to a close at the NBL Stars N’ Stripes National in South Park, July 2nd and Formula’s Donny Robinson and Fly/Supercross’s Krystal Hime have won their respective Elite Men and Elite Women’s titles. In keeping with the tradition of offering the most lucrative level of Elite racing in the country, the NBL added the program as a ‘series within a series’ to further promote the UCI North American Continental races, paying out more than $13,000 in purses and $10,000 in year-end awards. The NBL/UCI series included all eight UCI North American Continental races in a total point format.

Congratulations to the Champions and thanks to everyone who participated in the series. The NBL Elite Series comes to an exciting finish, September 3 in Louisville at the 29th Annual NBL Grand Nationals. The NBL National series is brought to you by Hyper Bicycles, Camp Woodward, Tangent, Sinz, Vigor, J&R Bicycles and Rite Bike Racing.

NBL/UCI Series – Final Results:
    Elite Men
    1. DONNY ROBINSON 177 – $2,500
    2. ROBERT DE WILDE 157 – $1,500
    3. JARRETT KOLICH 110 – $1,000
    4. RANDY STUMPFHAUSER 109
    5. JAVIER COLOMBO 95
    6. MIKE DAY 84
    7. MATT POHLKAMP 83
    8. KYLE BENNETT 70
    9. JASON ROGERS 67
    10. GREG ROMERO 63

NBL/UCI Series – Final Results:

Elite Women
    1. KRYSTAL HIME 153 – $2,500
    2. SAMANTHA COOLS 125 – $1,500
    3. STEPHANIE BARRAGAN 119 – $1,000
    4. ARIELLE MARTIN 115
    5. KIMBERLY HAYASHI 109
    6. AMANDA SORENSEN 66
    7. CASSIE BUSHNELL 32
    8. CHANTEL BLANCHET 31
    9. WILLY KANIS 22
    10. RACHEL SMITH 21

Ya gotta love the Top Ten braggin rights: Hi, I’m Greg Romero, and I am one of the Top Ten ELITE riders in the US and got $63 for doing so!!

I saw these guys and gals bust their asses at South Park. Yeah, Donny got $2500 for finishing first, and yeah, its not the World or National title, but c’mon folks, THIS is what we pay our pros????

kevh

63 is his point total right? Only top 3 got paid.

CrazyCraig

Okay, so I miss read that (dont I feel stupid). Ooops. So then this REALLY sucks.

RaidenHayden

This is part of the problem, the top pros, should be racing difficult tracks and should be paid as such. Make this a spectator sport, and BING BING BING, WINNER. Not what they did with the downhill series, basically came to all jumping , and no pedaling. Big jumps, long straights, and bone jarring rythem sections, get good sponsorship, and media coverage, and we are in the lime light

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.