Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ Racing old EHT BMX in the news

• This topic has 3 voices and 1 reply.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    bmxer901

Satarday nbc 40 was in attendance at eht bmx for the jackfrost classic. I personally wa snot able to stay up till 11pm to veiw it, but here is the interveiw that was given by victor behm, chris vliet and Taylor Farside. good job guys

http://www.nbc40.net/view_story.php?id=1290

BIGANT-DOG

Dude you are late — J/K posted it in another thread.

CrazyCraig

JACK FROST BMX CLASSIC
    Cleve Bryan – 2/24/07 05:11 pm
    Last Updated – 2/25/07 11:49 pm
    Other Options: E-mail Story Print Story

Victor Behm of Mays Landing has been riding BMX since he was 6 years old. “I got into the sport because I got hit by a car and broke my leg and needed something to get back in action.”
    Now he is a six-time state and northeast regional champion.
    “I like this sport because it’s a thrill to be in the air and to go fast.”
    Along with about 3 hundred other riders victor is taking part in the Jack Frost Classic BMX race in Egg Harbor Township this weekend.
    It’s an annual kick event for the BMX track at Veterans Memorial Park which has been in existence for 29 years.
    Track Director Chris Vliet says, “It’s great for this area because you get kids that don’t play other sports like football and baseball out, or those that don’t play much. Nobody sits the bench here. Every riders gets to race out on the track.”
    This winter the EHT track made some renovations to challenge riders.
    They include rebuilding these asphalt turns and 2 of the hilly straight-aways.
    Taylor Farside of Vineland says BMX is a great sport for girls and expects to win this weekend because this is her home track.
    “You just have to look out for ruts cause they slow you down and try not to hit your brakes.”
    Riders ranging from 3 to 65 years old come from all over the region for the race and to enjoy the EHT track through out the year.
    “Kids love it and you can get friends across the nation and in the local area,” says Vliet.
    “Everybody goes out of their way to help each other. If a rider needs a part another one will pick up the slack and help,â€ÂÂ￾ said Anthony Brown of Edison, NJ.
    And for Victor Behm who doesn’t like to talk about his racing accomplishments, he says coming to the BMX park is just plain fun.
    “People say my style is nice because it’s my own and it’s unique.”
    The e–h–t track will host races each Saturday this spring and Thursday nights in the summer.

http://www.nbc40.net/index.php

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.