Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ Racing old DO YOU CARE?( i know you do)

• This topic has 9 voices and 33 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    BIGANT-DOG

Well i do, I want to ask bob some ? Can i count on a bunch of you guys to walk up to him with me. It does not matter if you do or do not, I am still gonna do it, But it would be nice to know I had some support, and no timmy I have not been drinking.

bmiddaugh

in another year, bob wont matter.

bmxbum1

I know that many folks are looking for change and that’s cool, to each his own. I for one would rather not get wrapped up in any of it, but let’s leave Bob out of this. Say what you want, but he’s a very nice man and has done a lot of good things for the sport. If you dislike the organization that he runs, then don’t support it. Plain and simple. Nobody is forced to spend their money. Hit your trails, parks and local races and you should be all good. Heck, get someone to open a track and it can operate free of any sanction. The bottom line is let’s no bag on Bob, Clayton, or anyone. If you don’t like what is being offered, find an alternative.

BobTedesco

Well said. Thank you bmxbum1.

BIGANT-DOG

Not gonna bag on Bob just ask some legit ?. Like why do the aba and nbl schedule nats on top of eachother, i do not race on that level, but from the people that i have have talked too.(All racers) they would like to beable to do Both.

It makes more sense I mean why make it harder for racers and parents to chose?

BIGANT-DOG

in another year, bob wont matter

But he matters now, and i am not gonna be an asshole, I have learned when you approach people in a good way you get better results.

Caveman

“but let’s leave Bob out of this” I’m sorry, that’s BS. I’ve talked to that man and he’s an imbecile. He runs the NBL and he calls the shots so I find him to be the reason it’s run so poorly.

“If you don’t like what is being offered, find an alternative.” More BS. That might be okay for someone like me who has raced for 22 years and is pretty much over it. But what about the young BMXer who is starting out and is dying to race. Are you gonna tell them if they don’t like what is happening to just forget about it and do something else? “Gee, I really like racing in fact I’m not interested in anything else but since the sanctions that control racing suck I just won’t race. I just won’t do that very thing I want to do so bad.”

I started out racing ABA then discovered the NBL and switched to that primarily. When I turned pro I rediscovered the ABA and was racing both. Finally in 98 I realized how much the NBL sucked and was ripping the Superclass off and how much better the ABA was so I quit racing NBL nationals and just raced ABA nationals. There were years when Egg Harbor’s national (only 40 miles away from me) went against an ABA national in FL and I went to FL. Since then, the only NBL national I’ve done is the Egg Harbor one once or twice but I won’t be doing that anymore. I’m back to my total NBL national boycott. The NBL sucks, and the ABA is better so I’m doing ABA.

When it comes to organization and professionalism, anybody that has raced both knows the NBL is a joke and the ABA is twelve times better. But when it comes to promoting the sport and trying to make it grow I find both sanctions to be the same, pretty bad. BMX is the coolest god damned sport in the world and could be an honest ten times bigger than it is right now but BOTH sanctions have dropped the ball.

Hell, I’d like to start my own BMX company but then my business would be dependant on the two sanctions and BMX’s numbers are not increasing so I’m probably going to decide against it. I think it stinks that I have to give up on the one thing I love because the sanctions are killing it but I’ve been doing it for 22 years and I can get over it. The same can’t be said for the kid just starting out whose passion is brand new. To tell them if they don’t like it to find something else is not fair.

Anthony, the sanctions schedule races against each other because they are competitors. They have no interest in working together. If you try to talk to Bob, he’ll pretend he feels your pain and give lots of excuses but if you’re there at the national he has your money so he won’t care what you have to say. Where you live it’s not very realistic for you to race ABA nationals so my advice is just race your local NBL races.

BIGANT-DOG

Dave you are the first person to call me by my name!!!!!ANTHONY thank you lol. I agree with you and I am not gonna start racing ABA nats. The only aba i will race is bill’s track and possibly our’s (SHHHH ) We have been wanting to build a track in edison, When i say we I mean riders and parents. Do not know if it will be a “sanctioned race track” But if it is it will most likely be aba, or just a “practice track.

I expect bob to try and brush me off, but if you know me you know i do not let go of something, But it is stupid, there are not that many racers to fight over, If the aba And nbl could realize that(pipedream) bmx would be alot better. Hmm do i feel like getting banned from vintage.

The only reason I am even going to the national now is because my team is racing, Hell I might nnot be able to race (no money to waste) But if i can i will, Being the team manager I have to go down and support the guys

bmxbum1

Dave…

I completely agree with you. In my mind there is no comparison between the NBL and the ABA. The ABA runs a better event by a mile. My point is to do exactly what you are doing. You don’t care for the NBL, so you race the ABA. The majority of my hard earned money is going to the ABA this year, but we’ll still race some local NBL nationals and support the local track (CJ BMX).

With regards to the younger rider that only want to race their bikes. They can race all the local/ state races they want and not feel the effect of a poorly run organization. Each week CJ BMX has a nice race atmosphere and ok moto count. Egg Harbor and Flemington the same. Then if this new rider wants to endure the pain of an 8 1/2 hour 140 moto NBL national they can.

AntDog…Yes, many times they do schedule races on the same weekends, but there is more than enough opportunity to race both sanctions if one chooses to do so.

Look at it this way, I don’t like Burger King so I eat at Mc Donalds. I don’t call the CEO of BK and try to change the way he runs his business.

Lastly, Brett is right. Bob will no doubt retire soon. When he does, hopefully someone with a bit more forward thinking will step in and re-vamp the sanction. Until that day, Bob is like the grandpa I never had 😀 .

Joe

bmiddaugh

The best thing to do is just not deal with Bob. Talking to him does nothing.
    If he won’t listen to Greg Hill, will he listen to us?
    No.
    If you want a revolution you don’t ask to start one.
    You just start one.
    Work on the practice track in Edison that CJS is trying to get going, that will do more for BMX in NJ than 100 EHT nationals.
    We have a finite amount of time to turn this around, talks with Bob will be a waste of that time.
    Tracks,
    posters,
    new riders.
    …what is a national? You mean like that Dew Cup stuff?

rider1

Ant please,listen to Brett. You have nothing meaningful to say to Bob,nothing.I respect your feelings but please do not say anything. Also understand that Bob has a board of directors he has to work with. He does not make all the decisions.

Rich

BIGANT-DOG

I will think about it. —

BIGANT-DOG

I forgot i was told his wife does.

RaidenHayden

Rich is right Ant, not going to lead to any positive change. You will only get aggravated

BIGANT-DOG

to be honest I wanted to go at first, but changed my mind, but I have an obligation to be there. Like i said If i can i will race, but i will still be there to cheer on my team

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.