Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ BMX Racers Forum Did Upshaw have a come apart?

• This topic has 6 voices and 8 replies.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    AirportFF

Read a thread over on BMX News and the poster said that Upshaw was flipping out on Stumpy over the take down on the track. When Jeff went over the second berm. Anyone else hear about this or witness it?

BIGANT-DOG

Clint it could have happened but on that the drama level is real high(way worse than hereLOL) So it might get blown up .btw I am not sure there are alot of upshaw fans over their.

AirportFF

I’m not sure if it even really happened. I also understand that emotions run high at times. But if it’s true, these guys need to realize that they are surrounded by kids who emulate them. A little restraint is needed. He’s getting to be the Kyle Busch of BMX. 😆

Matt and some other kids had some issues with him at the grands. He was cutting the line. Walking through staging saying “Make way, make way” to try and jump in am practice. Matt and some of the others said something and he gave them a holier than thou attitude. Eventually one of the officials in staging told him to leave.

I know that the few times I talked to him he was a great guy. Hell, he even let me take his bike for a quick spin at the grands and talked to me for about 20 minutes.

bmxer901

I know at many events when things didnt go upshaws way he acted out in the wrong way. I saw the move that put him over the burm, many people will have mixed feelings about it. Personally its racing and the pro section went right into the turn. He had the out side stumpy had the inside and held on as much as he could which led to upshaw over the turn. With upshaw just landing that kuwahra (I think thats how you spell it) factory deal and just going elite, flipping out would be the worse thing for his career. After all im sure at one time he looked up to stumpy, maybe still does.

bmiddaugh

LMMFAO,
    Man, it’s a good thing you guys weren’t around when Kevin T-Bone McNeal was rocking the races….

THOSE were the days!

kevh

db44.com is saying that Upshaw went after Khalen Young not stumpy.

bmxer901

I noticed at VA upshaw didnt have his factory jersey on. He had a excaliber jersey on.

RaidenHayden

All of excalibur is sponsored by Kuwahara, I don’t think they got the market share they thought they would when they returned to a decimated BMX.

bmxer901

I know kuwahara is excalibur’s main sponsor, but still makes you think. Did kuwahara drop upshaw or did they just move him to a differant team?

AirportFF

I was talking to Joey Albright yesterday and asked what the deal was. It’s like Bill said. Kuwahara dropped him from the “factory” team until his contract can be renegotiated. But to keep him on a Kuwa, he was signed to Excaliber.

Also, it’s official. The Kingston Point track in NY is now an NBL facility. It will undergo a complete rebuild in mid April, with a permanant pro section. Open house is May 4th

Also have a little more news on the new NJ track that will actually be in NY. When it firms up I’ll post it.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.