• This topic has 7 voices and 9 replies.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    rodney

how about some how having an area at all the tracks for the kids to play, be monitored whatever would bring out alot more of us parents that want to ride but cant because of the kids . they would not be running around all over the place, safer for all JUST AN IDEA

CrazyCraig

Rodney – first, thanks for bringing the parts to the track Saturday – it helped alot.

Regarding day care – you saw what I had to handle Saturday – so I am definitely down with that – so I’m gonna put my thinking cap on and hopefully some of the folks who run the tracks can comment on this to let us know if its viable.

RaidenHayden

One of the ABA tracks has a similar set up put the responsibilty issue is a BIG thing to overcoem. You membershop covers racing, not an on track Day care, so I don’t know how it really would work. Great Idea, but as you all kow for every forty residents we have in NJ there are one lawyer, scary!!

bmiddaugh

is that a real statistic?
    I shall keep my rants on lawyers from permeating these forums…. 😉
    Remember BITD when a whole team of maniacs would get piled in a van and driven to a race by a bike shop….
    ROD……….ANY IDEAS THERE…

CrazyCraig

Brett – we’re not talking daycare for the rider’s bro. 😆

Seriously – I spoke to Rodney today – and we both had our hands full with kids Saturday. Mine, as much as I love them – we’re the reason that I did not get in any practice before the races – and Rodney would have loved to help his older son race (brand new racer) – but he had his hands full with his youngest.

This is not something that is gonna get solved overnight – and by far is not at the top of the list – but lets hope the adults can discuss this and get some positive feedback and ideas.

To put this in perspective – there were two mains Saturday at HC – and one of those was for a combined 30-34, 35-39 cruiser class – so this should tell you who is coming out to the track and that we possibly have a legit need here.

bmiddaugh

lol…
    Ok, I can deal with this part of the revolution…
    it’s a bit more laid back but I like it.
    Great idea!

LeadSled1

Bridgewater NY had a sand box for the kids to play with when I went there for the Regional last year. Make sure it has a cover during off-race time to prevent it from becoming kitty litter. 😆

RaidenHayden

The sand “box” which a few tracks have still means you have to keep a vigilant eye on the little ones, true daycare would be awesome, but agian, you would have some issues to deal with at the races as to who was actuallly watching the tikes

bmxgirlmom

Day care is definitely a nice idea, but… So how about bringing the wife, girlfriend, or an actual babysitter with you. Or if you are female, bring the hubby, boyfriend, or babysitter. I know a couple of people that do that, they bring a teenager with them to watch the youngers while the olders race. It’ll add about 12-15 bucks to the day for 2-3 hours of sitting, plus a meal at the track, but could be worth it.
    Just a thought.

I don’t think the logistics/liability would allow the track to provide actual daycare, but perhaps a fenced in area with only one way out with a sandbox would be good. Obviously you couldnt ‘leave’ your little ones in there while you race, but at least you could buddy up with someone. Not sure how/where we would put one at HC, but it is a thought.

That babysitter idea is a good one too!

CrazyCraig

What you are describing is nirvana – and that is what I try to do everyweek – but it does not always work out.

My wife – and I’m sure the same can be said for others here – has other commitments. She is a f/t teacher, p/t private teacher, involved in our church’s music program, finishing her masters, etc. Sound familiar to anyone? Also, not everyone knows a teen that can tag along.

I think Rodney has started something here – and maybe it won’t turn into true daycare – but maybe – just maybe – we can set up a specific category for this in the forums. A place where peolple can post their need and/or where parents with non-racing teens can offer their services – or even has we all get to know each other lets try and help each other out.

Lets keep the discussion going and not let this turn into a dead thread – but hopefully start connecting folks who need with those who can help.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.