Homepage Forums Anything But Riding… General B.S. Dave Bunnell

• This topic has 2 voices and 2 replies.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    bmiddaugh

“Free” information is a powerful thing.

“There’s a fundamental shift taking place, because information is no longer an object that has to be transported. In the digital world, information that traditionally took the form of newspapers, magazines, or books can instantaneously be transported anywhere. The implication is vast. It requires a different value system. How heavy a newspaper is and how much it costs to get it to somebody no longer determines the cover price. Suddenly that cost is zero.”

adamguild

Powerful statement from a Pioneer in computer technology…..I agree to a degree…..But we have so much information thrown at us for free it is really hard to decipher the fact from the fiction…I guess this leads us back into the Adam and Eve free will theory and the dying Americana belief in freedom of choice……..

If you cant dazzle them with brilliance ,baffle them with b-u-l-l -s-h-i-t…….

bmiddaugh

I think that is where the “It take a different value system” statement takes on a bigger meaning.
    You’re right there is so much B.S., that you have to research the research to be sure that you aren’t getting lied too.
    I am a firm believer though in having too much information rather than not enough.

bmiddaugh

More information makes you think harder.
    How long till the death of TV?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.