Homepage Forums Riders Committee Forum Cutting the budget

• This topic has 4 voices and 7 replies.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    bmiddaugh

what is going to happen when I mention the following:
    cutout paying the clerk and referee- savings 750-900

cutback on competition congress- savings ?- 725

website fees- currently 240 can be cut to 120, as such visions infoline must be named as a sponsor on the site currently but yet do not apparently give us a break pricewise nor give us free space

paying the tracks- much like an nbl nat or regional the state pays the tracks for their use of it during a state race. according to the budget this cost us almost 5,000. what if we were to pass on that for next year and return that money to the state to pump up our program? who would go for it.

RaidenHayden

I find it ironic that NBL people say that the ABA is in it for the money, and yet these people are getting money!!!!!!! Like I have said, non-profit is for relief aid to Rwanda, NOT BMX, make money, re-invest, grow, simple business plan. By cutting things like this out, and spending them more wisely we will grow.

Caveman

Paying the clerk and referee: I was unaware of this until the September meeting. How many times have I asked for volunteer help from the announcer’s tower saying, “BMX doesn’t happen unless we all pitch in. This sport is run by volunteers as nobody gets paid to do this.” Then I find out the clerk and referee get paid! That makes a liar out of me. I certainly won’t be saying that from the tower anymore. Even though I think it’s indefensible position, they may defend it.

Competition Congress: You will notice at the September meeting they defended this to the hilt. Whereas Linda Vanderhoff had previously said it was a waste of time, at that meeting she also defended it. They all think it’s a great thing where you learn a lot. Not only that, it seems to be necessary if you’re going to be part of the glorious NBL.

It’s going to be tough to tell these people that these things should be cut. I’ll back you on the paying the clerk and referee issue though.

bmiddaugh

I’m calling it all out next meeting. I would also like everyone here to bring a “BMX Resume” with them. I’m tired of having people in charge who have no clue what is up.

CrazyCraig

who is the referee?????

As far as paying the clerk. Well, we all saw how much Janeen did this year by herself. Would we lose her if she wasn’t paid? My wife is a teacher and she can tell all about stipends. She said its amazing how teachers will politic to get an extra responsibility with a $500 stipend. $750 may not be much, but its cash.

Comp Congress – yup, earlier this year at EHT I was standing there when just about everyone said its a waste of time, that your vote does not count, those in charge already made up their minds. You are there to just give your “blessing” to it.

bmiddaugh

Scott is…but I believe Vinny said Scott decline it.
    Janeen does a lot of work yes.
    BUT.
    And Janeen is cool, so everyone relax…
    BUT.
    Did the announcer not sweat all day?
    Did the corner marshalls have a fun time?
    Did the scorers get a stipend?

This I guarantee was put in place by Linda when she did it.
    Also and this is important.
    State clerk is not a position even mentioned in the by-laws.

bmiddaugh

We gotta stop thinking
    oh god what if we lose, this or that person and start finding NEW people!

Jessush…I will do some of the stuff.

RaidenHayden

I agree with Brett that we need to stop worrying about who we will lose, and more about who we are not getting because the sport isn’t growing!!!

bmiddaugh

actually state clerk and state points keeper are appointed by the state commissioner.

they are not a voting position….

appointed…..hmmmm

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.