Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ Racing old Connecticut’s Warriors Series

• This topic has 6 voices and 9 replies.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    bmxgirlmom

Think something like this would go over in NJ? We would have to adjust the # of races to either 6, 9 or 12.

The Series will consist of 8 races (4) at Meriden and (4) at Torrington plus the Championship Race at Meriden during the State Championship Race.
    All riders must be at least 16 years old and have an active NBL license and be prepared to show it at time of registration.
    The entry fees are $10.00 per race and $20.00 for the Championship race.
    Per the NBL rule book page 13, All riders except Elite and Single A (Superclass) must be registered and participate in a points class before being eligible to compete in an Open Class.
    Full NBL gear and tech inspection is mandatory.
    All decisions by the day’s scorers are final and official.
    Any abuse to volunteers will be subject to a zero-tolerance approach.
    Any altercations on the track will be subject to a zero-tolerance approach.
    Regardless of the rider count there will always be a minimum of 1 rider dropped from the 3 rounds of motos.
    Regardless of the rider count, there will always be a Main event but a minimum of six riders must be registered to make a race.
    20″ bicycles and cruisers / mountain bikes welcome
    Protesting under the rules of the NBL are allowed but highly discouraged.
    Points are awarded in Main Events only as identified as follows:
    First = 20 points
    Second = 18 points
    Third = 16 points
    Forth = 14 points
    Fifth = 13 points
    Sixth = 12 points
    Seventh = 11 points
    Eigth = 10 points
    The top 3 placing riders in each race will receive a percentage of the pot. Each pot is determined by 50% of riders entry fees plus $250.

1st place = 50%, 2nd place = 30% and 3rd place = 20%

CHAMPIONSHIP DETERMINATION AND QUALIFYING

Top 2 Meriden races and top 2 Torrington races are counted and are single point races.
    A rider must have raced a minimum of 4races (2) at each track to qualify for championship race which is double points.
    Series Championship Payout is as follows
    1st = $500
    2nd = $300
    3rd = $200

Here’s a slide show to music from the series.

Pretty cool.

bmxmom156

we should def have this in nj. dan went up there the week after so park for one of these races and belive me what a race. semis in open and they go for the win like it was the grands!! everyone stays to watch the main like it was a national… they even do a pro roll out at some of the tracks( trumbul does it weekly so i am told) for anyone who does this race. all the older riders do it and it attracts quite a following from what i hear.

i took dan up there today as i found out last min that howell was cancelled and even with all the riders up at the regional they still had close to 50 motos at torrington and 3 groups of riders in for the 16 over money open….. some awesome comp and great riders.

here are the rules of the warrior series up in ct: see what you think…

WEEKEND WARRIOR PRO_AM OPEN SERIES

CURRENT POINT STANDINGS

Promotions provided by PJ Collectables

PRESENTED BY COMMITMENT MORTGAGE RACING, THE STANDARD BYKE COMPANY and GALLICCHIO AUTO SALES

For additional info or questions call Pat at (860) 489-4691

The Series will consist of 8 races (4) at Meriden and (4) at Torrington plus the Championship Race at Meriden during the State Championship Race.
    All riders must be at least 16 years old and have an active NBL license and be prepared to show it at time of registration.
    The entry fees are $10.00 per race and $20.00 for the Championship race.
    Per the NBL rule book page 13, All riders except Elite and Single A (Superclass) must be registered and participate in a points class before being eligible to compete in an Open Class.
    Full NBL gear and tech inspection is mandatory.
    All decisions by the day’s scorers are final and official.
    Any abuse to volunteers will be subject to a zero-tolerance approach.
    Any altercations on the track will be subject to a zero-tolerance approach.
    Regardless of the rider count there will always be a minimum of 1 rider dropped from the 3 rounds of motos.
    Regardless of the rider count, there will always be a Main event but a minimum of six riders must be registered to make a race.
    20″ bicycles and cruisers / mountain bikes welcome
    Protesting under the rules of the NBL are allowed but highly discouraged.
    Points are awarded in Main Events only as identified as follows:
    First = 20 points
    Second = 18 points
    Third = 16 points
    Forth = 14 points
    Fifth = 13 points
    Sixth = 12 points
    Seventh = 11 points
    Eigth = 10 points
    The top 3 placing riders in each race will receive a percentage of the pot. Each pot is determined by 50% of riders entry fees plus $250.

1st place = 50%, 2nd place = 30% and 3rd place = 20%

CHAMPIONSHIP DETERMINATION AND QUALIFYING

Top 2 Meriden races and top 2 Torrington races are counted and are single point races.
    A rider must have raced a minimum of 4races (2) at each track to qualify for championship race which is double points.
    Series Championship Payout is as follows
    1st = $500
    2nd = $300
    3rd = $200
    SCHEDULE

June 10th – Meriden
    June 11th – Torrington

June 24th – Meriden Rescheduled for July 29th
    June 25th – Torrington Rescheduled for July 9th

July 15th – Meriden
    July 16th – Torrington

August 26th – Meriden
    August 27th – Torrington

September 10th – Meriden Championship Race

bmxmom156

sorry janeen i didnt see you already posted it… i must be tired from the ride home..lol

from what i see they only do it at 2 of the 4 tracks so far but are talking about expanding it to all 4 tracks next yr.

they did use start up money donated by the parent who thought up the whole series idea(mr maher) so if you have any questions feel free to ask him he can explain any of the financial nitty gritty…

bmxgirlmom

I think there would be some interest in it. Hopefully it would pull riders to all three tracks for the weekends that had the races.
    6 races would probably be the best number, 2 at each, with a required 1 at each to race the final. Might be able to tie at least 3 of them in with the qualifiers, then have the others on unrelated weekends to keep the traffic flowing to the tracks.
    Let me know what you all think, and we can discuss it at the board meetings. Try to get it all set up before next season starts.
    We’ll need sponsors to do the kind of money they are talking about % of pot + $250.00. Plus hole shot money.

RFarside

This is what I was talking about at the last meeting. If you start putting money up you will pull in some good riders. Lets do it.

bmxgirlmom

Rich: Would you be interested in helping to organize it and maybe round up some sponsors? We will need to present to the board at our next meeting.

RFarside

Yes I would Janeen. I will talk to you tomorrow.

bmxgirlmom

Sounds good to me. Like I said we’ll need to come up with a plan to present to the board later this year. Gives you and your team some time to work out rules, fees, possible sponsors, etc. Might be a good idea to talk to Phil D., Jimmy Moore, Brian Busto, Danny Smith, and some of the other young guns that would be your primary market, get their input.

s4lnj

good idea– i was kinda heading that dirrection when i had suggest a NJ pro /am series at the begining of the season

what about chip and dales– didn’t andy sponsor some old school races a few years back– i bet he could be persuaded to help with a little sponsorship

BMXMANIA

You are all correct this is a great Idea and we in NJ should JUMP all over this for next season. Anyone need any info on that series let me know I know one of the gentleman very well that put the whole series together… Whoever needs to get involved with setting this up should. As Rich said below and as others in this forum have said with adding a series like this could only do alot for the riders.. Alot to the sport as far as promotion and a huge draw to the Garden State.

bmiddaugh

Next state meeting August 19th.
    BE THERE.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.