Homepage Forums Riders Committee Forum Change

• This topic has 2 voices and 2 replies.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    bmiddaugh

If significant changes are not made at the january meeting concerning attitudes about BMX racing in NJ, I will be forced to withdraw my support for what the nbl and it’s affiliate njbmx does for the state.
    It’s not right what they are doing to BMX.

I cannot support an organization that does not follow its own rules.
    Allows for all and intents and purposes 1 person to run an organization.
    Does not pick leaders based upon ability but upon “years in the organization”.
    Does not understand why promotion is the most important tool you have.
    Calls itself a volunteer organization but yet pays some people.
    Does not keep itemized expenses.

As a kid, I had my blinders on, as an adult it all just seems so not cool.

Caveman

Calls itself a volunteer organization but yet pays some people.

The more I think about this the more furious I get. I have given so much time to this “volun-fuking-teer organization” without getting paid. A lot of people have. I’ve done a boat load of sweeping over the years. I’ve helped during springtime track rebuilds at Flemington and Mullica. I have announced at Flemington, a lot at Mullica and a lot at Egg Harbor. I bought a cruiser this year because I wanted to race two bikes at local races to build up endurance but then Egg Harbor had their problems with Victor so they NEEDED me to announce this whole year. I couldn’t race two bikes like I wanted to. So I was giving up something I wanted to do to help out. Hell, there were times I didn’t feel like going at all but I did because I knew they needed me and I decided I was going to help Egg Harbor this year.

I haven’t gotten paid. I don’t want to get paid. NOBODY should get paid. If you pay one person then perhaps other people should get paid. What about the real suckers? The corner marshals that stand on top of a turn all day long on a 95 degree day. If anybody gets paid, they should.

Either everybody gets paid or nobody does. Of course it should be nobody. What are we in this for? If I want to make money running a BMX race, I’ll buy my own land and build an ABA track on it and run it for profit. Making money any other way is UNETHICAL.

The whole kicker of the thing is I won’t be around for the Jan 20th meeting. I am very upset about that because I wanted to rip them a new one for paying themselves and I wanted to rip jim fillidork a new one as well. However I will be at our meeting on Sunday and I will have a final recomendation for pa system (that will NOT be argued or second guessed anymore) with price.

Caveman

I’m not done yet.

Does not understand why promotion is the most important tool you have.

I couldn’t believe that Fillidork guy fighting any attempts at promotion that Brett brought up at the last meeting. Let’s not promote it, we just might attract people. I think his feeling is the smaller we are, the better. And if BMX just shrinks and dies well that’s okay too. BMX: 1970 – 2007. It was fun while it lasted.

With BMX being in the olympics now is the time more than ever to sieze the moment and reach those people who will be hearing about it for the first time.

bmiddaugh

Cavey baby…you don’t need to be there on the 20th.
    You were to get a price on a good pa.
    Ya did that.
    You needed funding.
    We got that.
    What else is there?

Oh the arguing and ripping….
    we’ll just do that for ya, in fact, I may just have my little james bond recording device with me.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.