Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ Racing old Caveman ROTW

• This topic has 11 voices and 30 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    RFarside

This guy is bad azz. He has a DVD to.

RFarside

RFarside

RaidenHayden

Ok Rich, You need to get better, you have too much time on your hands

RaidenHayden

RaidenHayden

RFarside

I think I took too many pain killers. Or was that take more?

RFarside

I think I took too many pain killers. Or was that take more?

RaidenHayden

LOL 😯

RaidenHayden

LOL 😯

Caveman

What the?!??!

I’m away for two days and what happens?
    And what got into Farside? He’s just upset cause I didn’t give it to him or Taylor. 🙂
    I can’t wait till Jesse sees this. 🙄

For those of you that don’t know, I’ve been announcing for 18 years and this idea finally came to me. Perhaps in a dream, or while signing autographs, or perhaps it was a dream I was signing autographs.

Other sports like baseball award an MVP of the game award for the best performance of the game. Why not for BMX? I thought of having a racer of the day award at every race. An award (perhaps in name only) for one rider that impressed me the most. And no, that doesn’t mean I’d give it to Sarah Welsh every single week, even when she’s not there. 🙂 Sorry Janeen. 🙂

The hope is that it would inspire racers to try harder each and every time they’re out there, make people care about local races again and perhaps increase the level of competition here in NJ.

What would I look for in giving the award? Beating riders older or higher proficiency than yourself, girls beating boys, come from behind wins, drag races down the last straight to a close finish, killer passes in a turn, dominating all three motos and main, skills, speed, bribes, etc.

I’m still hashing out the details as to what to call it, how to make it meaningful, should we give an award like Brett’s sticker. (let’s hold off on that for now) Perhaps it will come to me in another dream.

I figure anouncing gives you a good vantage point to give the award. Anyone is free to use the idea. I’ll probably do it wherever I announce. Who knows? Perhaps this will become a new standard in BMX. It’s the perfect thing for a sponsor to attach their name to, like “Hyper’s racer of the day award” at nationals.

All I know is Farside ain’t ever getting it. 😛

bmiddaugh

LMAO!

bmxmom156

will you do it at flemington when you come back or is this only for tracks in the SOUTHERN part of the state?

haha

Caveman

Well, I don’t announce at Flemington so I don’t know that I’d do it there. I figure the announcer watches all the races and has all the names right in front of him on the moto sheets so he’d be the best person to make the call. I’m not copyrighting this. Anybody that wants to can use it.

Oh and here’s another rider that won’t ever get it. Danny. He’ll have to beat me to get it. Which means he ain’t getting it. Ha!

RaidenHayden

Dave , if this is what you are dreaming about, it is a sign that you need to get out more, maybe meet a woman, you know join the human race, and not be a caveman

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 46 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.