Homepage Forums Anything But Riding… General B.S. Buy American??????????????

• This topic has 6 voices and 19 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    adamguild

What does this really mean anymore? On another site we were arguing over justification of prices for “An American Made Frame”…..there are some flatland frames over 350 just for the frame…..I personally dont think its worth it and I was wondering what others thought on the topic….

4130forlife

350 for a frame is so unrealistic..a nice frame made in tawiwann costs maybe 65 each.. so to make youre money back you sell it for 150.. thats a good price..

bmiddaugh

American made,
    means some american made a lot of money off selling it.

Any other questions?

adamguild

hahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahhahaha

s4lnj

american made frames cost about $250 to get made– if you are getting more than say– 50 they go down to about $200

it’s not till you are getting like 100 plus frames before they are $150 to get made– so for a small time, start up company, that is trying to keep work inside the US. they have to sell for $349.

lets not forget that prototypes are not cheap as well. most companies will have at least three prototypes made– at about $300 each. if everything is correct, then they can get production frames made– but nost times they are in for another 3 prototypes to get the bugs worked out.

don’t hate the frame companies for selling american made frames for so much…. hate the frame builders that force them to do so

dave

4130forlife

jiust buy from taiwann.. its easier

s4lnj

bulldogs aint 150

4130forlife

for friends they are .. retail we sell em at 285, which isnt right.. but i dont own the company.. but still 285 is ALOT cheaper than 349 fo sho

rodney

I will tell ya most foreign frames wholesale for 155 to 180 am frame wholesale for 200. to 240 mark up is about fare for shipping and time and were are here to make some money just like any other industry dont forget the quality now you get areal lite good strong high end steel frame with cool colors and geometry that you want ton of choice too

s4lnj

for friends they are

then put me down for one–

so who is worse– the guy that sells his frame for $350 and makes $100 or the guiy that sells his for $285 and makes $220

i have a feeling that i know what frame adam is talking about, and if i am right, you know the frame too dave.

in thier defense, they had 6 prototypes made before they got what they wanted– thats $1800

they had 12 frames made— at $100 each– they still loose

dave

adamguild

I am in no way putting down any company or quality of any bike……What I am saying is is that the price is not feasible..For the most part BMX makes money off the kids…How do you market a frame that expensive to kids? And KHE also is selling frames at an astronomical rate…. Also what ever happened to forks?

4130forlife

remember back when you got a frame and fork for 199$

BIGANT-DOG

Well i ride an AMERICAN made PORTER, and next to my AMERICAN made ROBINSON amtrac, this is the best frame i have ever had.

4130forlife

i wonder if the robinson was american made.. i have no clue

rodney

Go to any ride spot and check these kids bikes out they have all this shit its us that cant afford it !!!!! They are willing to buy but are also price aware so they go to mailorder they just dont see the benifit to goig to a shop …If I have to explain that I just wasted 18 years of my life in the bike industry !!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.