Homepage Forums Grassroots BMX Ideas, Innovations Brain fart for the day………BMX ORIENTED……………..

• This topic has 7 voices and 16 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

What do you guys think of blending the different forms of BMX back together……..We could do freestyle contests at the race tracks thus drawing more people to the events and a better economic oppurtunity for everyone involved.Thoughts,ideas?????????????????????????????

RaidenHayden

I kinda think that would be a good thing, Kinda like when the BMXA trick team did shows at races. Unfortunatelly I think sometimes people thinkthat by showing another side to the sport, it will affect their piece of the pie (rider count) all bmx is good

Anonymous

I was just thinking that with such a small turn out for the races that with the added freestyle aspect more money would be brought in for the shops,vendors etc……..Not to mention possibilities of Woodward like facilities that could bring in some economic investors into NJBMX……..

RaidenHayden

NO I agree 100% it would be cool

bmiddaugh

yes, this is such a duh thing too!
    Right now barring clips, BMX and freestyling are completely entwined.

Anonymous

What really sparked this for me was seeing Dave Clymers name on those race sheets………….He was a BAD A

SSS– ramp-street rider…..Y not crossovers in the 2000’s????????? could be interesting………

rideodybmx

that sounds like a great idea

i mean especially in places with big areas like eht allways has kids riding around looking for something to do while they cant be on the track, having a set of portable ramps or a park there would bring not only more people out, i think more attention to the sport

BIGANT-DOG

Adam guild for once i can agree with what you are saying. You may bust myballs and vice versa,but that is a damn good idea. Have a flat democontest after the races.

Anonymous

Not just saying flat………Portable jump boxes,grind rails whatever …….Unite the sport………….Let me ask how many hours the races typically last????????????????

rodney

longer then us old flat riders can last thats for sure

bmiddaugh

Race usually lasts for about 2 hours…
    reg 9-11
    race start at 12
    over by 1:30 – 2
    and then EVERYONE leaves..
    could use some enticement to get em to hang around.

RaidenHayden

Do it during after any time, I know we’d be for it, You jsut need to look where you’d do it, all BMX is good, better than playing a boat load of computer games

bmiddaugh

Bill man, I gotta occasionally pop in that Mirra game…hehe…
    Does anyone here remember the Jump For Joy contest at flemington?

Anonymous

Yeah Mike Wilson and I raced around the track with Jay Rodriguez and Littleman…………First time I ever rode an official Bmx Track…………
    Big Daddy frame 4 pegs and all

rodney

Get another contest going

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.