Homepage Forums Riders Committee Change NJBMX Board of director positions

• This topic has 5 voices and 9 replies.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    bmiddaugh

Who should be in the positions that would do the most good.

Commissioner- currently we need to come up with a good person here.
    Asst. Commissioner- Rich Farside (all around knowledge of BMX, parent, ties to industry, personality at track, etc.)
    Treasurer- Craig Wilson (parent, rider, well spoken, takes care of numbers for a living)
    Secretary- Lisa Heath (she will run things properly, her husband and son both race and is into what is going on, she also does the secretarial thing at her current job, has been efficient at all present meetings when she is told what is going on)
    Marketing Director- me (resume posted on site)
    Financial Advisor- Rich Carolan (do I have to explain this?)
    Rider Representative- I like Phil Delizia or more likely Dale Maghan (there is no doubt in my mind that Dale has the best interest of BMX in his heart)

Other ideas…

bmiddaugh

Anyone care to give a thought on state commissioner?

bmiddaugh

Revised: 12-11-06
    Commissioner- Me?. (I would say Rich here but as Rich will say he is still heavily involved in getting some titles, this will allow us to have the best of both worlds, heavy local involvement, heavy national involvement)
    Asst. Commissioner- Rich Farside (all around knowledge of BMX, parent, ties to industry, personality at track, etc. Since elections are supposed to be annually according to the nbl we could actually have Rich become state commish in 2008 just prior to the olympics, come on man this guys NJ state commish, olympics…my head pops with the marketing potential)
    Treasurer- Craig Wilson (parent, rider, well spoken, takes care of numbers for a living)
    Secretary- Lisa Heath (she will run things properly, her husband and son both race and is into what is going on, she also does the secretarial thing at her current job, has been efficient at all present meetings when she is told what is going on)
    Marketing Director- Pete Wolghemuth (Apologies to Pete, Rich just realized this guy has a talent for coming up with excellent ideas, bing bang boom, jersey devil, podium, fall series…)
    Financial Advisor- Rich Carolan (do I have to explain this?)
    Rider Representative- I like Phil Delizia or more likely Dale Maghan (there is no doubt in my mind that Dale has the best interest of BMX in his heart)

RaidenHayden

Boom DONE, I’m down with that

dunrite9

Brett
    It’s W-o-h-l-g-e-m-u-t-h

It would be nice to use some of the contacts i’m getting for some Sponsor $, but with the current cluster F, I think it will be a hard sell. Plus I would hate to get some $ and have it pissed away.

rider1

Ok the list looks good. By the way I hope I did not overstep my bounds by suggesting Brett for comminsher and Pete for the marketing. I hope Pete wants the job. And if Farside is the VP, then its all good. Also Caveman and Bill could be reps and then we controll the whole dam thing. No need for a new company, this would now be a leverage takeover. Old busniess would be old busniess and a new chapter will be written. Also I would be glad to help with the money,but I will tell everbody right now I am going to tell it like it is, no bullshit. The only way this board can act is with full fiscal responsiblity. No more payments to the workers,no more NBL compition congress, no wastefull spending period. If in the future this company gets on its feet,then some consetions could be made.Untill then, nessary expences only. What the hell they only have like 2000 dollars anyway. There is no room for waste. Lastly sorry for my spelling what can I say?

Rich

RaidenHayden

I think a rep thing is out for , as Filipone will run HCBMX, and we know there is no love there. but I’m still good with the list

CrazyCraig

HC BMX can elect two reps and 1 alternate, so hopefully you can influence that vote and get say Hamblin & Danek and you. You do not have to live in the state just need to call HC your home track and have them choose you. Were not asking them to do anything other than be track reps at the state meetings and help steer this thing.

RaidenHayden

OK
    here goes, not to be discussed with ANYONE but on this portion of the board. Filipone IS OUT, not being diplomatic pays, however, he does not know anyone knows. HE may not know yet, as I got this at 7:30 in the morning. As far as reps, not a problem, may be him and Loren, or me and Loren, something else to note, my first year back, with all the volunteering I did, he got me my officials liscense, and Lorens as well. I may step up and do the co-track director thing down there this year since Indy is OUT!!!!!!!!!

bmiddaugh

First off…
    Pete, I bought a chalkboard and will be writing your name 100 times this evening after work…W-o-h-l-g-e-m-u-t-h, I swear everytime I go to write it my brain goes….duhhhhhhhhhhhh, just be luck you aren’t me.
    maddog, middoof, middledorf….it goes on and on…

Anyway, lol.
    EHT is gonna be a problem. I’m still not sure how they will be going into January. Because TRUST me, Linda does not like me right now, and her focus is on this site big time.
    Fiscal responsibility for us is no problem, I think that is why we all are where are, owning houses, families, decent jobs, BMX is a hobby to us not something to make money off of.

We need to figure out how we are going to handle ourselves at this january meeting.

Back in the day, state meetings would always be EHT and HC vs CJ. EHT was worried CJ would be in control. We have actually flip flopped things, as HC and CJ stand diametrically opposed to many of the ways EHT does things. Right now the power should actually be in place to make EHT moot.

Asst Commish- Matt? US
    Secretary- Lisa Heath US
    Treasurer- Nancy Haugh ?
    Commish- Scott US…
    HC Track Reps – US
    CJ Track Reps – US

2/3rds for by-law amendments 6 out of 10 possible votes, we have that.
    51% for quorum- 6 out of 10, we have that.

Rich can you email or post here what I need to ask for to enable us to get to work on the grants? What financial info I need from them? I will ask for it ASAP and if I don’t get it within a week, EVERYTHING will change.

RaidenHayden

the biggest thing for this animal that is being created IS the fiscal reponsibililty. Rich C, kind of summed it up, they have to be realed in.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.