Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ Racing old BMX UNITY

• This topic has 4 voices and 4 replies.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    BIGANT-DOG

LAS VEGAS NEVADA :Ed Fountain Park BMX (ABA) last night hosted our 2nd annual (NBL) Boulder City BMX “wings”series race.
    This race series is done by BCBMX to give the overall winner of the series a round trip ticket to the NBL Grands.
    I believe that these are the “ONLY” different sanction tracks that host annual races for each other.
    The T.O.’s of both tracks have come together to make this happen.We have adopted the “Rodney King” philosophy in that “Can’t we all just get along” attitude.
    Our attitude is “RACING IS RACING” no matter where you are.So we came up with this idea to intermingle the two tracks and sanctions to run this annual race and introduce the riders to both and see what BMX has to offer.
    I believe that this the “ONLY” race of its kind in the nation and hope to see more of this kind of cooperation in the future.

LINK TO THREAD.

http://www.vintagebmx.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=20;t=004431

BIGANT-DOG

This is how bmx should be. Now will clayton and bob take the hint. —

kevh

Bensalem BMX and HC had a Clash of the Titans (?) before.

2 tracks, 2 sanctions and 2 different states trying to make something happen.

Hopefully we will get something like this together with Bills new ABA track when it comes about.

Think World Supercross vs AMA Supercross

kevh

Yeah, it is a great idea.

The problem is every one needs to be members in both sanctions. Hopefully the ABA sets something up with Bill to allow every NBL member in NJ to get a free ABA license for the first month or so after the track officially opens.

bmxmom156

yes flemington and bensalem did a clash of the titans race about 4-5 yrs ago. it was neat we didnt do any aba before that year and it allowed our state team at the time to go get a free trial/ 1st aba race free. most of these turned into full conversions as well. we needed a place for my son to find more riders in his age/prof and they had a few which was great for him at the time.

when it was at flem it was nbl rules and aba was aba rules. it was a no brainer.

the nbl gave all aba riders who wanted to race michigan championship a free 1 yr membership( to try to get the max qualified i assume) its a great idea hopefully the aba reciprocates as well.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.