Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ Racing old Blue Diamond BMX closed for 2007

• This topic has 9 voices and 9 replies.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    mroze1

I could see a resurgence in this sport on the horizon. The Olympics have a way of legitimizing sports which finally become Olympic caliber. So with this about to occur why are tracks like Blue Diamond in Delaware and Bensalem in Pennsylvania closing? Seems it would be best to tuff it out until after the Olympics then decide the fate of the sport.

tpbmxtd

Not sure why Blue Diamond decided to close, but this came off the Bensalem site……

For years Bensalem BMX has been the subject of rumors the track would close. While just that–rumors–they fed off the fact that the track operates on property belonging to someone else. In this case the party is Township of Bensalem.
    Although, as a township department head, I’ve known for some time the township in all likelihood would need the BMX site for other purposes, it was officially confirmed during the Dec. 11, 2006 Township Meeting, wherein the mayor’s budget was presented to and approved by Council. This budget provides for several major capital projects including construction of an Emergency Services Training Facility to be located on the current BMX site. The mayor specifically commented that the BMX track would be closed…….

s4lnj

bensalem is because the town needs the space–

bl8ue diamond is because the track doesn’t make enough $$$$

they were gonna close last year, but ABA gave them a national– with intention to switch every year between them and milford– i guess a national every other year wasn’t enough to keep the track around– i belive they want to put a water park in

dave

s4lnj

also– i know that a few parents had offered to run the track– so that blue diamond would not really have to do anything– just make money– leadsled (jess) was the main man– but i know he has more important things going on right now

dave

phantom

I had even offered to lease the facility only a month ago!

RaidenHayden

Had to be about money

kevh

Man, I guess I have to race NBL now. I think Blue would have been the place for some of the Bensalem BMX people to go to next year, if nothing else in the area opens up.

Damn, I can’t race 3 motos anymore, that is just too much.

LeadSled1

Bill, it is a motorcycle pitbike track now. $25 to race and $5 to spectate. 😥

RaidenHayden

Like I said all about the money

4130forlife

fuking money.. i hate money.. good thing i never have any of it

lol 4130.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.