Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ Racing old bensalem bmx pro-am???

• This topic has 10 voices and 26 replies.
Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    4130forlife

count me out.. i dont ride my bike after oct 31..

bobbmxer

I think its should be done during the alumni weekend during the double points race. We can have the pro-am that sunday and even funner in a way, split the bensalem vets vs. newbie’s teamn style. might add more interest if its a good turnout and then we can do it again the last race. might be somewhat silly for the team thing but no joke on the pro-am thing. What do you think??

Mr. Whipple

kevh

4130″onlywhenitswarmout”forlife – HOW LAME!! So no racing over the turkey day holiday or xmas classics – too bad. You can come announce or run a bunny hop contest.

The double points race will cost the AMs more money but the turnout will probably be better. I think we will just keep this between the riders, we won’t try to make up teams and make it an us vs them thing.

“All the riders will need to be registered for the event with current memberships in order to hit the PRO/AM and be covered by the ABA policy.” BLAH, BLAH,BLAH we all know the rules suck. But I am pretty sure the ABA finally changed policy so we can pay out cash to everyone which has been the problem in the past.

We have the OK from the track, now we just need the date. Seems like Oct 21 will be it 9:30AM till 11 signups with racing ASAP once motos are posted and confirmed. And then we will try again for November 18, before Bensalem Township gives up on its youth and levels the track.

Any interest for the younger guns to throw down a pit bike or backwards track race?? Remember Bensalem is downhill so riding backwards is a real workout.

bmxmom156

kevh

what are the aba rules regarding nbl riders who dont currently hold an aba license? do they still offer a one day trial/ whatever it used to be called? would this be able to be used by ams who can race class in order to race the open( same as nbl rules?) dave/aba used to have some sort of “try it out” policy…i am asking this now as i know somoene will bring it up, thanks for getting this together…

debby

s4lnj

awesome– i can put that aba membership to use finally!!!!

kevh

I will have to check on the 1 day trials, I know the 30 day temp membership can’t do multipoint races.

I will be at Bensalem tonight for the weekly work party, so I will try to get some paperwork to review.

4130forlife

yeah kev.. ill do some sort of bunnyhop thing.. ill be there with my bikes to show and my beer to drink fo sho

kevh

OK, I am trying to talk with Clayton himself to see what can be done for this PRO/AM.

This should be interesting, like Antdog talking to Bob T.

bobbmxer

Actually I was told by our good friend Dave F. from the track in the beginning of this year, that he would mind doing a on day membership or using the 30 temps instead of making people buy an aba license if they dont wish to. I his own words”What is the most the ABA will do, send me a nasty e-mail? The track is only gonna be open for a month after that.”

kevh

Yep, that was the original plan.

bmxmom156

thanks for checking..someo riders dont have a current aba license and im sur you would get a much better turn out if there could be a one day/ trial for any nbl rider who wants to check it out. if they have to pay for a licence (be it trial$30 if thats what it is) then pay for the race fee on top of it you wont have many takers..jmo

back when we had the “clash” race ( aba/nbl series) there was some sort of “agreement” with the 2 tracks for both sanctions where the riders didnt have to buy a full license..i dont remember exactly but i know dave was very helpful getting us nblers over to check it out. i think we brought at least 4-5 team members at the time who never rode aba before ..it was neat..

also what about those who had an aba license at one time and do not currently have one? would they have to renew to do the race?

just trying to figure out all the possible options..

what a great idea for a send off…

bmxmom156

i just remembered this yr for the michigan world championship qualifier(national) the nbl gave all aba riders a free nbl one year membership so they can race that weekend and thus qualify for the worlds…

there has to be some aba “paperwork” that can be used that does the same thing i woudl think??

just a thought

RaidenHayden

the rules were changed to pay cash, I know cause we do it up at Cedar

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.